staff meetings

  • Carrie Sallwasser
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2013
      Blessings of the New year.

      OUr staff consists of myself (CRE), principal, pastor, assoc. pastor,
      youth minister and adult faith coord. We meet 2x a month and have an
      Advent retreat day. Our meetings have turned into a routine
      re-hashing of dates and projects.

      What do your stqaff meetings look like./ Do you have them? Who
      atttends? How often? What are your meetings focused on?

      Thanks!

      --
      Carrie Sallwasser
      Coordinator of Religious Education

      Preach the Gospel at all times. If necessary, use words.
      St. Francis of Assisi
    • Jeannie Bisson
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2013
        Hi, Carrie,

        I have a staff of myself (DRE), a Junior High Coordinator, Youth Minister who
        also serves as our program's Admin.  We meet every few weeks to coordinate
        calendars, stc.  I meet with the pastor by myself once a month to update him on
        what is going on in Religious Formation.  I also have a Family Liturgy committee
        that I meet with seasonally to put together themed Masses for the families.  If
        I have a need to, I can request a staff meeting whenever there is a need.

        Jeannie Bisson
        Director, Religious Formation
        St. Thomas the Apostle Parish
        Norwalk, Connecticut

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2013
          We meet only once a month and it is only scheduling. One of my area dres said they include a book every year. They read a chapter each week and discuss it.

          We also have a January retreat at our local Abbey.

          Sandi Belleque
          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jan 3, 2013, at 7:39 AM, Carrie Sallwasser <sallwasserc@...> wrote:

          > Blessings of the New year.
          >
          > OUr staff consists of myself (CRE), principal, pastor, assoc. pastor,
          > youth minister and adult faith coord. We meet 2x a month and have an
          > Advent retreat day. Our meetings have turned into a routine
          > re-hashing of dates and projects.
          >
          > What do your stqaff meetings look like./ Do you have them? Who
          > atttends? How often? What are your meetings focused on?
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > --
          > Carrie Sallwasser
          > Coordinator of Religious Education
          > Queen of All Saints
          > 314-846-8126,311
          >
          > Preach the Gospel at all times. If necessary, use words.
          > St. Francis of Assisi

        • Michele Walsh
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 3, 2013
            Sr. Suzanne,
            Please post your message again. It got lost inadvertently. So sorry.

            Abundant blessings,
            Michele Walsh
            DRE-Talk Moderator
            Sent from my iPhone

            On Jan 3, 2013, at 8:01 AM, Jeannie Bisson <stthomasfuture@...> wrote:

            > Hi, Carrie,
            >
            > I have a staff of myself (DRE), a Junior High Coordinator, Youth Minister who
            > also serves as our program's Admin. We meet every few weeks to coordinate
            > calendars, stc. I meet with the pastor by myself once a month to update him on
            > what is going on in Religious Formation. I also have a Family Liturgy committee
            > that I meet with seasonally to put together themed Masses for the families. If
            > I have a need to, I can request a staff meeting whenever there is a need.
            >
            > Jeannie Bisson
            > Director, Religious Formation
            > St. Thomas the Apostle Parish
            > Norwalk, Connecticut
            >
            > ________________________________

          • Susanne Bunn
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 3, 2013
              Michele, here is what I wrote:

              We rarely have formal staff meetings, but have on-going conversations which, to me, are much better than my past experiences. I am remembering a parish that had a planning committee. The work of the committee was to get every other committee to line up parish strengths and parish challenges, to make a five-year plan and specific activities for the coming year. I wonder whether a similar process might broaden the picture at staff meetings. Sister Susanne Bunn, MHSH

              ________________________________

              On Jan 3, 2013, at 8:01 AM, Jeannie Bisson stthomasfuture@...<mailto:stthomasfuture%40sbcglobal.net>> wrote:

              > Hi, Carrie,
              >
              > I have a staff of myself (DRE), a Junior High Coordinator, Youth Minister who
              > also serves as our program's Admin. We meet every few weeks to coordinate
              > calendars, stc. I meet with the pastor by myself once a month to update him on
              > what is going on in Religious Formation. I also have a Family Liturgy committee
              > that I meet with seasonally to put together themed Masses for the families. If
              > I have a need to, I can request a staff meeting whenever there is a need.
              >
              > Jeannie Bisson
              > Director, Religious Formation
              > St. Thomas the Apostle Parish
              > Norwalk, Connecticut
              >
              > ________________________________

            • Tom Rinkoski
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 3, 2013
                Thursday 3 January 2013

                Greetings from Gainesville!

                The staff meetings I remember the best happened at a parish in Minnesota in which I served.  On one Friday, every month, different staff members took turns leading the entire staff in some sort of continuing education "program."  The pastor made sure the entire "day" was allotted for these programs (at least six fulll hours including lunch). These were some of the most creative and rewarding programs I ever attended.  Not only did I get to learn more about my team members, but we grew as a team in a very real sense.  These were not your ordinary staff meetings; there was no checking-in or reporting ministerial efforts (that happened at other times).  These meetings were democratic in that every staff member took a turn.  We baked bread together, took field trips, explored books, listened to speakers (parishioners and other experts), and sometimes just sat around the fireplace and asked questions of each other.
                 It was much easier to go to the other regular staff meetings after these.

                Tom Rinkoski
                Cell:  (352) 339-3707

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 3, 2013
                  We meet every two to three weeks. The meetings consist of the Pastor, Assoc. Pastors, business and office managers, music director, DRE and Youth minister.  Our meetings cover pretty much everything happening in the parish, re-hashing of dates sometimes, but always discussions about issues affecting the various ministries and solutions to them. Some meetings are more productive than others.

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 4, 2013
                    We have a pastor, two deacons, a DRE,  a Youth Minister,  a Music Director,  the Praish Secretary,  a Social Minister,  and a Community Center Coordinator.  Our meetings are monthly and follow the format of Fr Tom Sweetser who assisted us with his parish assessment and renewal process based on his book.

                    Meetings are fun,  spiritual,  and productive. We have been following his system for 4 years and love it!

                    People take turns leading discussion and prayer,  following easy format. We do not do calendar planning in the meetings but do share thoughts about recent and upcoming events and projects. We celebrate successes and pray together for the parish and for each other.  Lots of good problem solving and support.

                    Amazing advances are happening. Staff teamwork and solidarity is fabulous. Creativity is high. No factions,  grudges.  New life in a 100 year young struggling parish of 1300 families .  Wow!   Thank you Jesus and Tom Sweetser and our fabulous clergy and staff who make it work!

                    Mary Reichel,  DRE
                    St. Athansius Pittsburgh

                    Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                  • sandibelleque