Mass Etiquette

  • amy ballanco
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
      I am looking for a simple pamphlet on Mass Etiquette.  I found one a few years back called ''DO'S & DON'TS  PARISH ETIQUETTE AT MASS BY BARBARA BUDDE.  It was put out by the National Pastoral Life Center.  When I go to their site I don't find a way of ordering them. Can anyone tell me how to find it or do you have one that works for you.  I have a few that were written by individual parishes for their own church but I would like something that is already in print.

    • sandibelleque
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
        Our pastor typed up a flyer in English and spanish and we ran it in bulletin as well as posting it.

        Sandi
        Sent from my iPhone

        On Feb 7, 2012, at 11:26 AM, amy ballanco <amyballanco@...> wrote:

        > I am looking for a simple pamphlet on Mass Etiquette. I found one a few years back called ''DO'S & DON'TS PARISH ETIQUETTE AT MASS BY BARBARA BUDDE. It was put out by the National Pastoral Life Center. When I go to their site I don't find a way of ordering them. Can anyone tell me how to find it or do you have one that works for you. I have a few that were written by individual parishes for their own church but I would like something that is already in print.

      • Carrie Sallwasser
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
          I am not positive, but I seem to remember Our Sunday Visitor had a
          pamphlet. Good luck.

          Carrie Sallwasser

          NPCD Heartland Representative

          _____

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 8, 2012
            Have you tried Our Sunday Visitor? They have many pamphlets on the Mass.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 8, 2012
              Thanks but I went their first.  All they have are the ones with the great little boy on the cover "Why do we have to go to Mass?".  I need one that tells them what to do when they get there!  LOL  I want to give it to my First Eucharsit parents on practice night.  Always seems to be something they don't know how to do.  I thought a hand out would work along with my words of wisdom.  Thank you

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 8, 2012
                Amy, I know you were looking for published material, but is there a reason
                why you don't want to do this in house. Get pastor's input and have him sign
                off of it as well - a letter of introduction and welcome for example. It may
                be more effective if it is personalized and seen to have pastor's support.

                Best of luck - I know this is an issue we all deal with. ( I love when
                parents of first grades come to me to talk about how 8th graders act - part
                of me wants to say, "just wait a few years"!!) :-)

                Carrie

              • Cathy Qualls
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 8, 2012
                  Hi Amy,

                  I typed Barbara's name into goggle. I think she works for a Texas Diocese and is involved in other liturgy projects. I would try to contact her at the Diocese. She may have copies or know how you can get them. Also if you have a copy many companies will give reprint permission for out-of-print materials if they hold the copyright or the author can. Good luck, Cathy Qualls

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 9, 2012
                    Hi Amy,

                    I typed Barbara's name into Google. I think she works for a Texas Diocese and is involved in other liturgy projects. I would try to contact her at the Diocese. She may have copies or know how you can get them. Also if you have a copy many companies will give reprint permission for out-of-print materials if they hold the copyright or the author can. Good luck, Cathy Qualls

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 10, 2012
                      Thank you Cathy, I appreciate your time.  Blessings, Amy