What Do You Need? Survey and Offer from Catholic Author/Speaker Chris Benguhe

  • cbenguhe
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2010
      Hello to all.

      Times are tough all over - but we Catholics and ministers of Christ's love must believe such a struggle is an opportunity to reach out to those in need. But how can we do that best?

      Catholic author, speaker and columnist Chris Benguhe here asking for your help. I want to know what you need to do what you do so well.

      Coming off my latest speaking event at the NACFLM alongside Matthew Kelly, Teresa Tomeo and others, some interesting questions arose about what DREs nationally need most in their work right now.

      If you have a moment to answer the following short survey of 10 questions, it would be very helpful in serving the DRE community, and the Catholic community overall in the future.

      As a thank you, I will offer my keynote talk to your parish at HALF OFF to whoever responds!

      I will also offer a 40% discount on any bulk purchase (5 books or more) of my latest book "Overcoming Life's 7 Common Tragedies: Opportunities for Discovering God."

      Thank you for being an important part of bringing the inspiration of Christ to so many. The survey reads below.

      Sincerely,

      Chris Benguhe
      Author/Speaker/Columnist
      cbenguhe@...

      "It's not about whether the glass is half full or half empty, it's about the value of the glass- the glass of your life is always valuable." --Chris Benguhe

      ****Those who complete the survey who would like to contact me about bringing one of my presentations to your parish or group at the 50% discount or purchasing books at the promised discount, may send your name, address, phone and email contact to cbenguhe@... or feel free to post it alongside your survey answers.

      All others may reach me via my speaking agent at CMG Booking 513-593-0089 or at the following link http://www.cmgbooking.com/speakers/chris-benguhe.html

      SURVEY

      1) In this tough economy, can you afford to bring in speakers on a consistent basis?

      2) What would be a reasonable fee for a one-day workshop or retreat?

      3) What do you believe is a reasonable fee for a one-hour keynote talk?

      4) Which of the following are the greatest challenges for your parishioners that you would like speakers to address?

      List these in order from greatest to least:

      ___ job loss/money trouble
      ___ relationship issues
      ___ struggling with illness
      ___ helping others cope with illness
      ___ dealing with death
      ___ education
      ___ dealing with addictions

      Are there any other topics that are of interest to you?

      5) A) Would a video presentation customized to your group's needs, available at a lower price than a personal appearance, be an effective and useful tool for you?

      B) What would be a reasonable price for this video?

      6) Do you utilize reading tools in any of your organization's groups (Catechesis, Youth, Pastoral Caring, Book Clubs, etc.)? If so, would you be interested in purchasing at a bulk discount price?

      7) What topics would you like to see most addressed by Catholic authors?

      8) How many retreats and workshops (approximately) do you sponsor each year?

      9) Who does your organization focus more on? List the following in order of attendance to speaking events in your parish.

      a. Seniors_____
      b. Adults_______
      c. Young adults______
      d. Teens_____
      e. 13 and younger______

      10) What are your chief concerns to be addressed?
    • Micheleiw@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2010
        SURVEY

        1) In this tough economy, can you afford to bring in speakers on a consistent basis? NO

        2) What would be a reasonable fee for a one-day workshop or retreat? Full day: $400/ Half Day: $200

        3) What do you believe is a reasonable fee for a one-hour keynote talk? $150 for keynote

        4) Which of the following are the greatest challenges for your parishioners that you would like speakers to address?

        List these in order from greatest to least:

        __2_ job loss/money trouble
        ___ relationship issues
        ___ struggling with illness
        ___ helping others cope with illness
        ___ dealing with death
        __1_ education (poor schools, unsafe environments particularly in high schools....)
        ___ dealing with addictions

        Are there any other topics that are of interest to you?
        Our number1 issue really is violence in homes, schools and neighborhoods--somegang-related, some alcohol related and some as a result of frustrationwith poverty, lack of jobs, etc.

        5) A) Would a video presentation customized to your group's needs,available at a lower price than a personal appearance, be an effectiveand useful tool for you? No

        B) What would be a reasonable price for this video? If you have a video, $20 would be possible.

        6) Do you utilize reading tools in any of your organization's groups(Catechesis, Youth, Pastoral Caring, Book Clubs, etc.)? If so, wouldyou be interested in purchasing at a bulk discount price? Yes, but any material has to be available in English and Spanish

        7) What topics would you like to see most addressed by Catholic authors? Living is a grace-filled world; Faith that brings meaning and life to daily life; prayer that helps folks find God in all of life

        8) How many retreats and workshops (approximately) do you sponsor each year? 20+

        9) Who does your organization focus more on? List the following in order of attendance to speaking events in your parish.

        We focus on families--we have an average of 350+ each month for parent meetings.
        We also offer adult prayer experiences which brings out 15-20 weekly, plus the 40 or so who participate in Legion of Mary gatherings weekly.
        Liturgical ministers have biannual workshops.
        150 HS Youth gather weekly during the school year.
        150 Grades 5-8 gather weekly during the school year.
        700 Grades K-4 gather weekly during the school year.
        10) What are your chief concerns to be addressed? Animating folks to be disciples and apostles of Jesus Christ.

        Abundant Blessings,

        Michele

        Michele Idiart Walsh
        St. Joachim Church