Re: [dre-talk] why do we allow them to quit in the first place?

  • Margo Morin
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2009
      I think now's a great time for all of us to re-read up on our
      Sacraments, especially Confirmation- the Archdiocese of Baltimore has
      done some amazing work on it recently and you can read the docs here:
      http://www.archbalt.org/youngchurch/confirmation.cfm This page has
      the catechism and canon law references, and these are well worth the
      read.
      -Margo Morin
      IC Malden
      www.icmalden.com
    • Anne Marie Singh
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2009
        Thanks Margo, You are right it is a good read...thanks for the resources!Anne Marie Singh

        To: dre-talk@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2009
          I wonder, if there are students making the decision whether to attend Religious Education at any age if this becomes an opportunity to catechize the parents. If they never saw a significant reason to attend their own faith formation opportunities as a child/young person how are they going to stand firm with their children when they want to discontinue religious education?

          Thanks Margo, You are right it is a good read...thanks for the resources!Anne Marie Singh

          To: dre-talk@yahoogroup s.com