  • Dan Pierson
    Jun 23, 2014
      Greetings,

      Does it really matter?

      Loyola
      RCL Benziger
      Sadlier
      OSV

      At the elementary level, I don't think it really matters all that much which program you use. All publishers are following the USCC Guidelines so the difference is in the presentation and not really the content.

      Second, all publishers are including way too much material in each lesson. However, they are following the guidelines.

      All learning theorists recommend one main idea or learning outcome per lesson. Thus, the local catechetical leader needs to spend time with catechists in selecting the appropriate "learning outcome" for each lesson/session. For example: by the end of this session each child will know…

      These are just a few of my initial thoughts. I hope to include more information to help catechists in my blog/websites.

      I invite you and the catechists in your diocese to subscribe to monthly email updates for each of my sites. Just go to home page and sign up.

      Dan Pierson
      491 Prestwick Dr. SE
      Grand Rapids, MI 49546
      616.956.5044

      On Jun 23, 2014, at 3:48 PM, "DGerczak@... [dre-talk]" <dre-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      We have ordered the RCL Blest Are We Series for grades 6,7,8 this year. We did not like the new Be My Disciples.
      St. Edward Catholic School

      In a message dated 6/23/2014 2:39:58 P.M. Central Daylight Time, dre-talk@yahoogroups.com writes:

      We are adopting new textbooks this year for our parish program, K-6.  Right now my two favorites are Loyola Press Finding God and Sadlier We Believe.  RCLBenziger Be My Disciples is currently in last place.  Please give me your thoughts on these series, what you like or don’t like, what your catechists, think, etc.  I have three catechists helping me with this, as well, and they are currently looking through samples.

      Thanks so much!

      Sara L. G. Carey, MPS

      Director of Religious Education

      Safe Environment Coordinator