11290Re: [dre-talk] Textbooks

  • Barbara Nichols
    Jun 23, 2014
      I have used and really like the "Be My Disciple" Series by RCL Benziger.  The Catechist page before each lesson and the options provided for the students are great. Each grade builds on itself - you can home school several grade levels because the topics are the same for every grade level - students can each use the grade appropriate student text and work on the same topic.

      I have used Be My Disciple for 4th and 5th grades for the past 2 years.  The lesson plans are already done for you and the lessons have a good flow - taking the children from what they already know and leading them into a lesson on the Saint for that lesson, the Gospel message, and how to live out our faith.  The family take home page is a good way to inform  parents of what their child has learn this week.

      On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 3:48 PM, DGerczak@... [dre-talk] <dre-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      We have ordered the RCL Blest Are We Series for grades 6,7,8 this year. We did not like the new Be My Disciples.
      St. Edward Catholic School

      In a message dated 6/23/2014 2:39:58 P.M. Central Daylight Time, dre-talk@yahoogroups.com writes:

      We are adopting new textbooks this year for our parish program, K-6.  Right now my two favorites are Loyola Press Finding God and Sadlier We Believe.  RCLBenziger Be My Disciples is currently in last place.  Please give me your thoughts on these series, what you like or don’t like, what your catechists, think, etc.  I have three catechists helping me with this, as well, and they are currently looking through samples.

      Thanks so much!

      Sara L. G. Carey, MPS

      Director of Religious Education

      Safe Environment Coordinator