      From: "cody1166@..." <cody1166@...>
      To: dre-talk@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:17 PM
      Subject: [dre-talk] Blessing of Children

      The Mass and Communion are intended to engender a sense of our unity. A separate blessing ritual would make more evident that "You are not one of us." You can include these children in the Communion procession, and have them fold their arms across their chest as a sign to the Eucharistic Minister that they would like to receive a blessing instead of receiving the host. In this way, those who aren't Catholic will feel more a part of the liturgy and receive a blessing.

      Kevin