      Sent from Windows Mail

      From: Laurie
      Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎August‎ ‎20‎, ‎2013 ‎2‎:‎31‎ ‎PM
      To: dre-talk@yahoogroups.com

      Greetings fellow ministers!

      I once again seek your insight and wisdom as we prepare to open our doors for a new school year. Our population is nearly 50% non-Catholic and the faculty has requested that students who are not able to receive Communion receive a blessing. Is this a practice at your parish and was it readily accepted by your community?

      As the DRE, I loved the idea and began researching catechesis on the significance of a blessing in order to prepare parents,teachers and students. Yet, I was also very surprised by the number of folks who were against it, including the clergy.

      Thanks so much for your input and I look forward to your feedback.