Re: [dragwars] Re: Shields

  • Christopher Loh
    Message 1 of 128 , Oct 1, 2011
      Hmm... I was looking through the list of weapons.

      Assuming a 2 pt damage weapon is being used by someone who has a damage penalty (Either Str of 3 or being a victim of Weaken), will you still assume the damage to be 1 pt?

      A side trek question... Do you guys let the spell penalty of Weaken stacks? Assuming a sorcerer cast weaken twice on the same person...

      Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2011 1:51 PM
      Subject: Re: [dragwars] Re: Shields

      are all weapons treated the same ie 1 point minimum damage, or do u have a table or soemthing to show each weapons minimum damage.

      Message 128 of 128 , Oct 5, 2011
        I don't think you should swap the stats for crushing and slashing weapons. They are fine as they are when fighting lightly armoured foes.

        Also simply saying +1AB for crushing weapons does not properly address the issue.

        My group had great success by awarding (lesser) damage even when the ABR is failed - the basis was that you still hit the guy so it should do something.

        We noted weapons as (ABR die, success damage, fail damage). E.g. A Sword is (d8,4,1).

        The rule of thumb when failing an ABR was crushing weapons did 1 less damage, sword type weapons did 3 less damage and those in between (like axes) did 2 less damage. The same concept was applied to monsters by the GM.

        I think we used the notation because a few weapons had to be ruled on because they did not slot into the system so readily.

        We found combat was a little more deadly, but better than having the armoured tank problem.

        Patrick Murray <rumtap@...> wrote:

        yeah i was wondering about that, it's why i suggested the +1 AB for crushing weapons, only available to the warrior types of course.