Re: Dragon Warriors

  • mntmike68
    Message 1 of 30 , Feb 6, 2002
      Uuh - as a newbie, would anyone care to fill me in on Bloodsword? No
      idea what they are.

      On a slightly different line, I don't suppose anybody has a copy of
      Adventurer from April/May '86 with the Black Tower scenario in it?
      I've got part II, but was hoping to put both parts into a new campaign
      I'm working on.

      Mike
    • Wayne Imlach
      Message 2 of 30 , Feb 6, 2002
        Bloodsword is a series of single/multiplayer adventure gamebooks (of the
        "turn to entry 226" variety) that is set in the world of Legend. Very useful
        as source material as it journeys from Krarth to Outremer, Wyrd and even the
        underworld. Rare as hens teeth nowadays though.

        I probably do have the copy of Adventurer you seek, but I'm currently
        moving, so all my stuff is in transit and won't be with me for about another
        6 weeks (international move). So, if no-one can help you before then, drop
        me an email in a month or so and I'll scan the scenario for you.

        Regards,

        Wayne Imlach

        > Uuh - as a newbie, would anyone care to fill me in on Bloodsword? No
        > idea what they are.
        >
        > On a slightly different line, I don't suppose anybody has a copy of
        > Adventurer from April/May '86 with the Black Tower scenario in it?
        > I've got part II, but was hoping to put both parts into a new campaign
        > I'm working on.
        >
        > Mike

      • Andrew Wright
        Message 3 of 30 , Feb 7, 2002
          mntmike68 wrote:

          > On a slightly different line, I don't suppose anybody has a copy of
          > Adventurer from April/May '86 with the Black Tower scenario in it?
          > I've got part II, but was hoping to put both parts into a new campaign
          > I'm working on.

          Is this a DW scenario?

          cheers

          Andy
        • captainstarkiller
          Message 4 of 30 , Feb 7, 2002
            The first point has already been answered. I do not know about the
            second.

            There is a trilogy of books loosely based on Bloodsword called the
            Chronicles of the Magi. They were published as Childrens fiction and
            you can still get books one and three (I know this as I got hold of
            them last year).

            The plot is mostly the same and they are set in Legend with the same
            bad guy involved.

            --- In dragwars@y..., "mntmike68" <mike@m...> wrote:
            > Uuh - as a newbie, would anyone care to fill me in on Bloodsword?
            No
            > idea what they are.
            >
            > On a slightly different line, I don't suppose anybody has a copy of
            > Adventurer from April/May '86 with the Black Tower scenario in it?
            > I've got part II, but was hoping to put both parts into a new
            campaign
            > I'm working on.
            >
            > Mike
          • Nim
            Message 5 of 30 , Jul 8, 2003
              getting ready to start a Dragon Warriors play by e-mail game. If
              anyone is interested, let me know and we can get the ball rolling.

              Nim.
            • mntmike68
              Message 6 of 30 , Nov 20, 2003
                --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Imlach" <wayne.imlach@n...> wrote:

                Wayne, this was an awfully long time ago, but do you know whether
                you've still got the magazine?
                Mike

                > I probably do have the copy of Adventurer you seek, but I'm currently
                > moving, so all my stuff is in transit and won't be with me for about
                another
                > 6 weeks (international move). So, if no-one can help you before
                then, drop
                > me an email in a month or so and I'll scan the scenario for you.
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > Wayne Imlach

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • spamsoaker
                Message 7 of 30 , Nov 26, 2003
                  > > > On a slightly different line, I don't suppose anybody has a
                  copy of
                  > > > Adventurer from April/May '86 with the Black Tower scenario in
                  it?
                  > > > I've got part II, but was hoping to put both parts into a new
                  campaign
                  > > > I'm working on.
                  > > >
                  > > > Mike

                  Is this Black Tower Adventure set in Legend? If so which issue is it
                  in?

                  Thanks.
                • Simon Smith
                  Message 8 of 30 , Nov 26, 2003
                    I'd forgotten about that adventure, but it sparked me to remember
                    something else. Has anyone got a copy of the issue of White Dwarf with
                    the DW adventure, 'Box of old bones'

                    I'd love to see that again; must have been 15 years since we played
                    through it.

                    Simon

                    On Wednesday, November 26, 2003, at 03:18 pm, dragwars@yahoogroups.com
                    wrote:

                    > ---------------------~-->
                    > Canada.
                    > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
                    > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/7bYplB/TM
                    > ~->
                    >
                    > There is 1 message in this issue.
                    >
                    > Topics in this digest:
                    >
                    > 1. Re: Dragon Warriors
                    > From: "spamsoaker" <spamsoaker@...>

                    > _
                    > _
                    >
                    > Message: 1
                    > Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:37:31 -0000
                    > From: "spamsoaker" <spamsoaker@...>
                    > Subject: Re: Dragon Warriors

                    > copy of
                    > it?
                    > campaign

                    > Is this Black Tower Adventure set in Legend? If so which issue is it
                    > in?
                    >
                    > Thanks.

                  • Wayne Imlach
                    Message 9 of 30 , Nov 26, 2003
                      --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, Simon Smith <sim.smith@b...> wrote:
                      > I'd forgotten about that adventure, but it sparked me to remember
                      > something else. Has anyone got a copy of the issue of White Dwarf
                      with
                      > the DW adventure, 'Box of old bones'
                      >
                      > I'd love to see that again; must have been 15 years since we
                      played
                      > through it.
                      >
                      > Simon

                      You can find it in the 'Files' section of this yahoo group. 5 jpg
                      scans of the original adventure as published in WD.
                    • Robert Maier
                      Message 10 of 30 , Nov 26, 2003

                        On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 22:06:18 -0000, Wayne Imlach <wayneimlach@...>
                        wrote:
                        > You can find it in the 'Files' section of this yahoo group. 5 jpg
                        > scans of the original adventure as published in WD.

                        O.k. in that case it's of little importance that I'd have it but not
                        available within the next three weeks or so... but while we're at it,
                        anyone here equipped with "Best of WD III" (or even the original WD
                        issues) where DM outlines the RuneQuest character profession of
                        Demonologist?
                        I used to have that issue years ago, but borrowed it to someone and never
                        got it back - and I got into RQ only afterwards... (HUGE mistake, I know)

                        Robert
                        (AKA Brocc the Badger Mage, to some)

                        --
                        When you cease to make a contribution, you begin to die.
                        - Eleanor Roosevelt
                        Message 11 of 30 , Nov 26, 2003
                          Heya Simon,

                          One of my friends is collecting old White Dwarf mags... If he has the right one I'll send you some scans.

                          Cheers,
                          Andy

                          wrote:

                          > ---------------------~-->
                          > Canada.
                          > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
                          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/7bYplB/TM
                          > ~->
                          >
                          > There is 1 message in this issue.
                          >
                          > Topics in this digest:
                          >
                          > 1. Re: Dragon Warriors
                          > From: "spamsoaker" <spamsoaker@...>

                          > _
                          > _
                          >
                          > Message: 1
                          > Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:37:31 -0000
                          > From: "spamsoaker" <spamsoaker@...>
                          > Subject: Re: Dragon Warriors

                          > copy of
                          > it?
                          > campaign

                          > Is this Black Tower Adventure set in Legend? If so which issue is it
                          > in?
                          >
                          > Thanks.

                          http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
                          http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/7bYplB/TM

                          Message sent using Dodo Internet Webmail Server
                        • Andrew_ritchie
                          Message 12 of 30 , Nov 26, 2003
                            oops.. didn't realise that it was already in th files section! 8P
                            Message 13 of 30 , Nov 27, 2003
                              I believe I have 'Best of WD III' - I'm going to be
                              unpacking most of my belongings this weekend (recently
                              moved back to the UK from the US), so I'll try to
                              remember to dig it out from among my magazine archives
                              and take a gander at the class. Would you like a
                              scanned copy?

                              I'm also thinking of starting up an infrequent DW game
                              - anyone in South West London (I'm in Clapham)who is
                              interested give me a shout.

                              Wayne.

                              --- Robert Maier <rob.m.maier@...> wrote:
                              > > --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, Simon Smith
                              > <sim.smith@b...> wrote:
                              > >> the DW adventure, 'Box of old bones'
                              >
                              > On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 22:06:18 -0000, Wayne Imlach
                              > <wayneimlach@...>
                              > wrote:
                              > > You can find it in the 'Files' section of this
                              > yahoo group. 5 jpg
                              > > scans of the original adventure as published in
                              > WD.
                              >

                              > O.k. in that case it's of little importance that I'd
                              > have it but not
                              > available within the next three weeks or so... but
                              > while we're at it,
                              > anyone here equipped with "Best of WD III" (or even
                              > the original WD
                              > issues) where DM outlines the RuneQuest character
                              > profession of
                              > Demonologist?
                              > I used to have that issue years ago, but borrowed it
                              > to someone and never
                              > got it back - and I got into RQ only afterwards...
                              > (HUGE mistake, I know)
                              >
                              > Robert
                              > (AKA Brocc the Badger Mage, to some)
                              >
                              > --
                              > When you cease to make a contribution, you begin to
                              > die.
                              > - Eleanor Roosevelt

                              Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
                              http://companion.yahoo.com/
                            • Nim
                              Message 14 of 30 , Nov 27, 2003
                                Damm, too far out for me. But if anyone is near Ipswich/Colchester,
                                then I would be interested in the same (as GM or player, I do not
                                mind).

                                --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, Wayne Imlach <wayneimlach@y...>
                                wrote:
                                > I believe I have 'Best of WD III' - I'm going to be
                                > unpacking most of my belongings this weekend (recently
                                > moved back to the UK from the US), so I'll try to
                                > remember to dig it out from among my magazine archives
                                > and take a gander at the class. Would you like a
                                > scanned copy?
                                >
                                > I'm also thinking of starting up an infrequent DW game
                                > - anyone in South West London (I'm in Clapham)who is
                                > interested give me a shout.
                                >
                                > Wayne.

                              • Wayne Imlach
                                Message 15 of 30 , Dec 10, 2003
                                  Just placing scanned copies of that article in the
                                  Dragwars file area - 11 gifs coming in at 5mb in
                                  total.

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Dec 14, 2003
                                    Once the scans of "Black Tower" are available, would someone be able
                                    to put them into the group files section?

                                    Also, any OCR'ed versions of the other books?

                                    -Troy
                                  • greyarea13
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Dec 14, 2003
                                      wrote:
                                      > Just placing scanned copies of that article in the
                                      > Dragwars file area - 11 gifs coming in at 5mb in
                                      > total.

                                      I'm just about to spend some time reading that article - it looks
                                      great! I've inserted all the .gifs so they fit into a Word document
                                      and print nicely off the old bubble jet. One thing though Wayne - one
                                      of the margins for Page 10 has cropped some text.

                                      Right, oh, and another thing, this ain't like the Necronomicon or the
                                      Book of Ebon Bindings is it? I won't turn into a raving loony
                                      smearing pentacles on every available surface, will I?

                                      cheers

                                      GA13
                                    • Wayne Imlach
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Dec 15, 2003
                                        I'll rescan page 10 over the next couple of days -
                                        must've missed that one when I was checking if they
                                        had scanned well.

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Dec 15, 2003
                                          Ok, rescanned as best I could - still very close to the text (and
                                          cropped very slightly at the top of the page), but the best I can do
                                          without physically taking apart my copy of the magazine!

                                          Definitely better than the previous scan though.

                                          Wayne.

                                          wrote:
                                          > I'll rescan page 10 over the next couple of days -
                                          > must've missed that one when I was checking if they
                                          > had scanned well.

                                          nion.yahoo.com/
                                        • greyarea13
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Dec 15, 2003
                                            wrote:
                                            > Ok, rescanned as best I could - still very close to the text (and
                                            > cropped very slightly at the top of the page), but the best I can
                                            do
                                            > without physically taking apart my copy of the magazine!
                                            >
                                            > Definitely better than the previous scan though.

                                            It's great, cheers! Always good to be able to read something
                                            interesting and informative after it missed you by the first time. It
                                            allows you the joys of recollection and recognition as you see
                                            Pazuzu, with turned up in Legend, and Storm Demons from the Fabled
                                            Lands.

                                            Thanks again.

                                            GA13