Re: [dragwars] Assassin's, Elementalists, and Compiling Books

  • Patrice LaFlamme
    Message 1 of 38 , Aug 6, 2001
      --- Justin Tan <justintwk@...> wrote:
      > I have made a summary of all the DW spells. If
      > anyone
      > (only if you already own the books) wants them,
      > please
      > email me privately.
      >
      > One way to prove that someone already owns the books
      > would be to ask something like this:
      > What is word 3 on page 123, paragraph 3, line 4 of
      > book 1? Anyone has a better suggestion?

      This could be tricky. I have all 6 books - and in poor
      condition... But they're in French. So your test
      wouldn't work at all with me..

      cheers,
      Patrix.

      =====
      http://www.patrix.org

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
    • captainstarkiller
      Message 38 of 38 , Aug 30, 2002
        I got into Dragon Warriors when I read the books and used them for a
        fighting fantasy campaign I was running. At that time, it was book
        two and yes, I did get it from a library.

        I later decided to buy the books and run a Dragon Warriors campaign
        and bought them one at a time saving my pocket money and walking to
        Oxford Street in London from Islington (where I lived in a council
        house with my Mum then - I was only about 14).

        I remember buying book five which was the last book I bought and soon
        after that, they stopped producing any more (I had already got book
        six by then).

        I have since had to buy replacement copies of my books as most of
        them were very worn through being carried about in my bag to school
        etc.

        Now I have books which are in better condition and are able to be
        used again.

        Nim.

        --- In dragwars@y..., "Kharundi Chambwani" <kharille@h...> wrote:

        > Just out of interest Captain, but did you ever hold a copy of book
        5 in your
        > hands before? Was it a library book?
        >
        > To think, ai' could've compiled the entire collection except book 5
        from my
        > public library if ai' wus' smart enough to refuse to return em'.
        Actually,