Prosthetics for sorcerors? - Re: New Magic System

  • Kharille Démoniaque
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 3, 2010
      > I think the consequences of armour rules can work as well... However it seems abit anti climax when something that is more than 10MP has the same penalty as armour. Casting spells above 10 MP should have some form of geas similar to dark elementalist to prevent people from casting it frivolously.

      Or maybe burnout. Loss of all magic points or even magic point recovery for several days... possibly until the next Full moon midgnight?

      Wish I could get the 'formula' for using Emphidian fire in the DW system. That's something that we should look to. They have fire rules in WFRP. Closest thing is that hellfire spell. Certainly natural healing doesn't work so fast with burns...

      Seems, according to the book he retaliated with magic and THEN got splashed. It could be that he couldn't concentrate on his magic whilst his arm was burning off, a great anti-sorceror weapon...
    • hobbitshire
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 11, 2010
        Last December I posted a new magic system for Dragon Warriors to the files section.

        I have now deleted that file and posted a revised version. Now, all details are compatible with Dragon Warriors, rather than referring to my rewritten rules.

        As before, I would be interested in any comments.

        Below is a segment of one of the lists, given as an example.

        Invisible Energy

        Invisible Energy deals with invisible, physical forces. These forces allow a mage to move objects, defy gravity, and unleash destructive energies upon structures and other beings.

        S1: Invisible Key
        Duration: Instant.
        Range: Touch.
        This spell will lock or unlock one lock that normally requires a key. This can affect doors, shackles, chest locks, box locks etc. The mage must touch the lock itself, (which may set off any traps on it). It will also cause a secret door to open, although the mage must know where the door is to touch it. The spell does not raise bars or barricades, or loosen ropes, iron bands or other similar forms of restraint. Each lock requires a separate spell.

        S2: Walk on Water
        Duration: 10 rounds plus 1 additional round per mage rank.
        Range: Personal.
        The mage can cast this spell on himself and walk over any liquid surface as if it was solid ground. He can stop, but if he runs, the spell automatically ends. Since the mage is actually touching the surface, he is still affected by such things as acid and boiling water.