Using DW for Middle-earth

  • Ben Monroe
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
      I've been telling my son the story of the Hobbit over the last few weeks, and suddenly find myself thinking about running a Dragon Warriors game set in Middle-earth, using some of the 'micro-setting' stuff discussed here: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?p=10353797#post10353797.

      I think it'll probably have something to do with the refounding of Dale after the Battle of Five armies, and restoring trust between the Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain, the Men of Dale, and the Mirkwood Elves.

      Anyone used DW to run Middle-earth before? Seems like it'd be a good fit.
    • he.blackarm
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 23, 2009
        --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Monroe" <zomben@...> wrote:

        > I've been telling my son the story of the Hobbit over the last few weeks, and suddenly find myself thinking about running a Dragon Warriors game set in Middle-earth, using some of the 'micro-setting' stuff discussed here: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?p=10353797#post10353797.
        >
        > I think it'll probably have something to do with the refounding of Dale after the Battle of Five armies, and restoring trust between the Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain, the Men of Dale, and the Mirkwood Elves.
        >
        > Anyone used DW to run Middle-earth before? Seems like it'd be a good fit.

        I havent. Doesnt look like anyone else has either.
        Knock yourself out.
        Some people have come up with additional rules eg Halflings (ie Hobbits) as a profession, Dwarfs as a profession etc in the DW Wiki (http://dragonwarriors.wetpaint.com) you might like to use some of that material too.

        Have fun!