[dragwars] Re: Mystic Spells-101 Cool uses

  • Gez da' Loud 1
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 1999
      Hi fellow adventurers
      I was totally impressed by the imaginative use of some Mystic spells that were taken from a Dragon Warriors Web Site. The spells, though only low level, were the Minor elemental summoning spells.
           The party are currently doing the "ELVEN CRYSTALS " campaign and they had just crossed the rickety bridge and had been attacked by the mud men living beneath the bridge.My wife who is playing a mystic called Darnia was pulled into the bog but the party's sorcerer (who has now got the witches broom, from the sleeping willow encounter) managed to pull her to safety. Wet and dirty she promptly stripped off (much to the lecherous thief's delight) and cast a water elemental spell and commanded it to soak her dirty clothing then she summoned an air elemental who gently blow dried the clothes and then she summoned a fire elemental who was commanded to hover over the drying clothes to finish them off, within a few minutes her dirty clothes were clean & dry. I thought this use of the spells was both imaginative and unique and something that I would never have thought of I rewarded her well with experience points.
      I would be interested to hear from you lot about any of your cool use of spells.
      Gez da'Loud 1

    • Wayne Imlach
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 29, 1999
        While trekking across some frozen sea (somewhere east of Krarth), my companions and I were attacked by a horrendous tentacled thing, that gazed at us from beneath the solid ice with a huge lidless eye. It's tentacle arms, that had thrust themselves through the icy surface, threatened to overwhelm us, and we could see no obvious way of defeating the creature. Although unsure how my spell would work, I decided to call upon the Silent Warrior (being a warlock of the 3rd circle), and summoned him to a point below me, beneath the heavy ice. As I thought, his body immediately began to sink in the icy water, and I commanded him to thrust his sword into the eye that loomed below. His weight was enough to pierce the creature, and suddenly blinded, it withdrew to the depths. I thank the gods that the warrior has yet to tire of his spectral service.
[...]

        click here
        Click here!
        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dragwars