[dragwars] New Magazine

  • Tim Harford
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 1999
      Are you interested in receiving a free role-playing games magazine with a
      focus on medieval / Arthurian / Celtic settings? Are you interested in
      contributing art or articles?
      Either way, please read on.

      Annwn Magazine's first issue is due out in October. It's a fanzine. In my
      book that means that nobody has to pay for an electronic copy, and nobody
      makes any money out of it. Poor design and dreadful writing is an optional
      part of the fanzine concept - I hope that Annwn will contain some great
      articles and look pretty good, too.

      Will you be interested in Annwn? Perhaps. As my mysterious associates
      gathered in smoke-filled rooms, we had two things we wanted to see in a
      fanzine. The first was that it should have both feet firmly on the ground -
      the articles should contain stuff that you could actually take and use in
      your game. Examples are scenarios, adventures seeds, and well-researched
      historical articles with a focus on making the game more fun.
      The second thing was that the fanzine would concentrate on a particular
      atmosphere that we enjoyed. If Annwn was a fantasy trilogy, it would be
      Lyonesse. If it was a TV show, it would be Robin of Sherwood. If it was a
      film, it would be Excalibur. If it was a role-playing world, it would be
      Legend.

      Annwn will be available for download from the web - if you're interested in
      being notified when new issues are available, please email me at
      tim.harford@....

      The first issue will contain a new scenario by Dave Morris, author of "The
      Swords of Life and Death" and "Dragon Warriors". Annwn will also contain
      designers' notes and serialised rules for DW II, by me and Dave. How can you
      resist?

      Perhaps you'd like to contribute to Annwn? You'd be very welcome. Remember
      that nobody makes any money, so we don't pay for contributions. Of course,
      all contributors retain copyright and are credited.
      I'd love to see role-playing articles and scenarios (not fiction) of any
      length, and art work - all bearing in mind the comments about what Annwn is
      likely to be. Please email them to me in a PC-friendly format.

      Any questions, do write. This should be a lot of fun.

      Yours
      Tim Harford