Is a cursed item magical?

  • Nim
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2008
      If an item is cursed (e.g. by the spirit of the woman who was murdered for it), is it magical regarding spells like detect magic?
    • kharille
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2008
        --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, "Nim" <NdeSilva@...> wrote:

        > If an item is cursed (e.g. by the spirit of the woman who was murdered
        > for it), is it magical regarding spells like detect magic?

        As magical as a holy relic is. You know, someone ought to work on
        an 'unholy artifact' table. How about a 'drives away good beings'
        cross? Something that affects elves maybe? It would be great for
        players to own....
      • wodenkrait
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
          --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, "kharille" <kharille@...> wrote:

          > --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, "Nim" <NdeSilva@> wrote:
          > >
          > > If an item is cursed (e.g. by the spirit of the woman who was murdered
          > > for it), is it magical regarding spells like detect magic?
          > >

          > As magical as a holy relic is. You know, someone ought to work on
          > an 'unholy artifact' table. How about a 'drives away good beings'
          > cross? Something that affects elves maybe? It would be great for
          > players to own....

          I've uploaded my own rules for "Profane Relics", but they work rather
          differently from holy relics. Take a look in the Files section under
          homegrown rules.
        • Alan
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
            > > --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, "Nim" <NdeSilva@> wrote:
            > > >

            > > As magical as a holy relic is. You know, someone ought to work on
            > > an 'unholy artifact' table. How about a 'drives away good beings'
            > > cross? Something that affects elves maybe? It would be great for
            > > players to own....

            In Legend remember that Elves are Fae and Faerie and bad (as opposed
            to downright evil) and monotheistic relics work on them already.

            Al
          • Nim
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008

              Ta.