[dragwars] Attention please!

  • Maier Robert
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 1999
      Now wasn't there somebody commenting on how there seems to be quite a
      number of uni students on this list? I admit (still) being one, yes I
      do. But I'm still alive, and that's something too...

      May I attract the attention of the honoured members of this list to
      an idea, or rather a project, that came across my mind only recently,
      and is laid out in detail at

      http://www-nw.uni-regensburg.de/~.mar19050.0.stud.uni-regensburg.de

      It's nothing to do with Dragon Warriors immediately, so I didn't want
      to pester you all with my scribblings... but this is something that
      would be capable of uniting two of my major interests (one being
      roleplaying, the other linguistics). Just read it, and if you feel
      you want or have to say anything about it, mail me.

      Apart from that, other duties have come in the way of the infamous
      DW re-edition (you wouldn't have guessed that, would you)... I cannot
      promise anything at the moment except its completion ASAEOP. -
      Rumour has it, though, that DM himself is thinking about a 2nd ed;
      anybody know more about that?

      BTW, hope we've all had a good New Year...

      Robert AKA Brocc
      Robert Maier
      robert.maier@...-regensburg.de
      brocc@...
      -----------------------------------
      "Everybody wants another piece of pie today, she said.
      You gotta watch the ones who always keep their hands clean."
      (Stanard Ridgway)
      -----------------------------------

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/dragwars
    • Paul Mason
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 1999
        Maier Robert wrote on Tue, 9 Feb 1999 21:50:25 +0100

        >Rumour has it, though, that DM himself is thinking about a 2nd ed;
        >anybody know more about that?

        Yes.

        ----

        Best wishes

        Paul Mason

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/dragwars
      • Roger Burton West
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 14, 1999
          On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 08:30:44AM +0900, Paul Mason wrote:
          >Maier Robert wrote on Tue, 9 Feb 1999 21:50:25 +0100
          >>Rumour has it, though, that DM himself is thinking about a 2nd ed;
          >>anybody know more about that?
          >Yes.

          (being really obvious here)

          ...that you're prepared to comment on to the list?

          Roger

          --
          Roger Burton West - roger@...
          Gaming since 1984. Player and GM. Real Role-Player (TM).

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 15, 1999
            Roger Burton West wrote on Sun, 14 Feb 1999 21:58:00 +0000
            >On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 08:30:44AM +0900, Paul Mason wrote:
            >>Maier Robert wrote on Tue, 9 Feb 1999 21:50:25 +0100
            >>>Rumour has it, though, that DM himself is thinking about a 2nd ed;
            >>>anybody know more about that?
            >>Yes.
            >
            >(being really obvious here)
            >
            >...that you're prepared to comment on to the list?

            I was wondering whether anyone was interested enough to ask, that's all.

            I talked to Dave about publishing a rewritten DW on CD many months ago. I also
            talked to Tim Harford about helping with it, not only because Tim could do good
            stuff, but also because he could prod Dave. Since then, Dave is now playing in Tim's
            Legend game, but both he and Tim have heavy work commitments.

            The problem is that if Dave does a retake on DW he wants to do it right.

            My latest take on this has been prompted by the re-emergence of Chivalry &
            Sorcery, in many ways a direct ancestor of DW, and still probably the closest in
            philosophy and background. The current publishers of C&S are extremely interested
            in new projects, and remarkably flexible (the revised Arden campaign, for example, is
            being done for CORPS). So the idea of doing a bit of matchmaking between Dave
            and Ed Simbalist occurred to me. If nothing else, they both share a healthy dislike
            of Ian Livingstone!

            I can't say anything more on this, partly because there's little more to add, and
            partly because if I did so it would be a breach of confidentiality.

            But I did just want to let you know that the flame of the DW torch is still burning,
            however flickeringly, in south London.

            ----

            Best wishes

            Paul Mason