Two things

  • Nim
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
      First, interesting article in the Grainauld on sci-fi for anyone who is
      interested.

      Second, Wavemastery. Water elementalist spell in case I have got the
      name wrong. The spell description has no expiry, so based on the
      information in book five, it is meant to have a 2d6 spell expiry roll.
      The only thing about this is that nobles, according to the description
      will take a water elementalist if they get a bit sea sick. How will
      that work, as the spell will not last that long.

      If you make it last longer, then the darkness version becomes a lot
      more powerful.

      What do you think about it?

      (I was wondering if the normal version should last an hour, with the
      darkness version having the standard spell expiry duration.)
    • Wayne Imlach
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
        What in the name of Sa'aknathur is a 'Grainauld'?

        The spells in book five seem a little inconsistent in their presentation, but I would assume where no duration or roll is implicitly stated, then the spell remains in effect as long as the caster remains conscious.

        This does not make the darkness version of the spell any more powerful than it already is, as regardless of duration, the darkness elementalist can only use the spell to create one mini tidal wave per casting of the spell.

        This does allow some spells to effectively use half their normal magic points, as long as the Elementalist cancels the spell before going to bed (or taking a heavy blow to the head)!

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
          At the back of my mind I remember something missing from book 5. I
          believe the stone man is missing either a movement figure or an
          evasion figure. Anyone recall what's missing?

        • rumtap@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
            You are right, there is no movement figure.

            I am looking forward to the new release to see how these spells are modified. If a spell effect is permament or if a spell expiry applies should be clearly stated, i hate assumptions.

            As i've said in the past i'd also like to see Magical Attack used, as it stands, Fire, Earth and Water do not need a MA score.

            Of course some low level offensive spells are also needed. Waiting to get to mid level before being able to use magic in combat makes this profession next to useless.

            But i have said all this before..