Re: [dragwars] Re: Most powerful weapon your players had?/what next?

  • Wayne Imlach
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2005
      Just wing it.  :)

      I gave Xp for defeating monsters, Xp at the end of sessions for roleplaying or contribution to the game, Xp for just generally making it through the adventure, even Xp for the passage of game time (1xp per month).

      No fast and hard rules about how to distribute - whatever seemed appropriate. That's one of the roles of the GM after all - arbiter.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2005
        --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Imlach" <wimlach@h...> wrote:
        > Just wing it. :)
        >
        > I gave Xp for defeating monsters, Xp at the end of sessions for
        roleplaying or contribution to the game, Xp for just generally making
        it through the adventure, even Xp for the passage of game time (1xp
        per month).

        > No fast and hard rules about how to distribute - whatever seemed
        appropriate. That's one of the roles of the GM after all - arbiter.

        There are other things I'd give experience points for, what I think
        would be essential. Say a magic user walks into... Ongus, I'd expect
        the players, the sorceror to have an overwhelming desire to enter the
        library, which would of course be limited to exclusive membership.
        The same way a science professor would be interested in a fellow
        researchers notes I would give experience points for people who can
        creep into certain libraries... People who can manage to pick fights
        with certain skilled swordsmen... I got this vague idea of that
        Musashi whasisname, people would go out of their way to locate a
        swordsman of great repute if only to practice with key figures.

        Surely it would be something for people do have friendly duels with
        the captain of the city guards maybe. Of course the man would be
        reluctant to risk getting his face smashed in by every hotblood.
        Hell, I heard that Bruce Lee really got challenged frequently by ...
        '1st rank punks' ...