Re: [dragwars] Re: Online DW game?

  • hidayat
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 22, 2005
      Hi,

      Sorry been lurking all this while since don't have much to contribute. I'm
      working and married too so I don't mind taking part in slow games while in
      the office, in fact that's about the only type of games I can ever hope to
      participate in.

      I'm in Singapore with +8 GMT so that might be a problem, hope it isn't. I
      can install Messenger to speed things up though. Maybe I can play the
      silent action types?

      The last time I role played a character was quite some time ago so but I do
      have the lastest D&D books and all the DW books so I'm all set and raring
      to go.

      Should I start rolling up a character? I've always wanted to be a ninja.

      Best Regards,
      Grok

      --- Nim <nde5ilva@...> wrote:

      > In case anyone is interested, as some of you know, I am running
      > three online Dragon Warrior games. If you are interested in joining
      > one where about one to four posts are made a day, let me know.
      >
      > It does have a D&D feel to it though as I am running D&D campaigns
      > with a Dragon Warriors twist to it. As to if the "twist" is
      > authentic or not and results in a Dragon Warriors atmosphere, you
      > will have to ask the players.
      >
      > Do bear in mind that I do work and on occasion, I will not be able
      > to post if things are busy, and obviously, my wife would castrate me
      > if I continued to GM when on holiday!
      >
      > If you are interested, but would only be able to post fewer times in
      > the day, the two other adventures run slower and will have
      > opportunities to join later.
      >
      > Nim.
      >
      > (Go on, think about it...)

      Make Yahoo! your home page
      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Nim
      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 3 8:17 PM
        You have mail.

        --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, hidayat <hidayat4@y...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Sorry been lurking all this while since don't have much to
        contribute. I'm
        > working and married too so I don't mind taking part in slow games
        while in
        > the office, in fact that's about the only type of games I can ever
        hope to
        > participate in.
        >
        > I'm in Singapore with +8 GMT so that might be a problem, hope it
        isn't. I
        > can install Messenger to speed things up though. Maybe I can play
        the
        > silent action types?
        >
        > The last time I role played a character was quite some time ago so
        but I do
        > have the lastest D&D books and all the DW books so I'm all set and
        raring
        > to go.
        >
        > Should I start rolling up a character? I've always wanted to be a
        ninja.

        > Best Regards,
        > Grok

      • Nathan
        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 3 8:37 PM
          G'day Nim,

          I'm very interested in playing in such a game. I'm keen to try out an elementalist, though I do have a question about them in general. They start with 3+1+1 MP's and yet I can't find a passage stating that they can only cast spells of their level. My question then is : can they cast spells of a level higher than they ? On the whole they are fairly limited, and this may make them less so.

          I'd also be content to take over an existing character or to play in an entirely new group.

          In any case I look forward to your reply.

          Cheers,

          Nathan Russell
          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 5 9:45 AM
            Yes, you sound perfect. I have sent you an e-mail and an invite to
            the group. If you do not get either, post here and I will try
            again.

            I am more than happy for you to roll up an assassin, or if you want,
            I can roll up one for you.

            Nim.

            --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, hidayat <hidayat4@y...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > Sorry been lurking all this while since don't have much to
            contribute. I'm
            > working and married too so I don't mind taking part in slow games
            while in
            > the office, in fact that's about the only type of games I can ever
            hope to
            > participate in.
            >
            > I'm in Singapore with +8 GMT so that might be a problem, hope it
            isn't. I
            > can install Messenger to speed things up though. Maybe I can play
            the
            > silent action types?
            >
            > The last time I role played a character was quite some time ago so
            but I do
            > have the lastest D&D books and all the DW books so I'm all set and
            raring
            > to go.
            >
            > Should I start rolling up a character? I've always wanted to be a
            ninja.

            > Best Regards,
            > Grok

          • Nim
            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 19 1:15 AM
              You have mail.

              I do limit elementalists to only being able to cast spells of a level
              equal to or less than the rank they are.

              As elementalists are one of the weakest classes though, I also allow
              them to use arcane scrolls, not make them, but use spells stored in
              them, but that is a house rule for my games, not one that is in the
              Dragon Warrior rules.

              Nim.

              --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, "Nathan" <anrussell@i...> wrote:
              > G'day Nim,
              >
              > I'm very interested in playing in such a game. I'm keen to try out
              an elementalist, though I do have a question about them in general.
              They start with 3+1+1 MP's and yet I can't find a passage stating
              that they can only cast spells of their level. My question then is :
              can they cast spells of a level higher than they ? On the whole they
              are fairly limited, and this may make them less so.

              > I'd also be content to take over an existing character or to play
              in an entirely new group.

              > In any case I look forward to your reply.
              >
              > Cheers,
              >
              > Nathan Russell

            • trickle0
              Message 6 of 25 , May 5, 2005
                Hi,
                I am Dominic's brother.I would be interested in playing if you
                need players.I didn't like DW because I didn't want to be a
                knight and I didn't want to be a barbarian and I wanted a hand
                and a half sword! I didn't like knights because they relied on
                their armour to keep them safe and I didn't like barbarians
                because they relied on bashing their enemys into submission for
                safety.The hand and a half sword of course was not in the weapons
                list.These days I tend to play either a highlander(a sort of
                barbarian I suppose)with a two handed sword or a large axe ;or;
                a non-descript man with a hand and a half sword and some stealth
                skills.I do not know how this will fit into either your game or
                Dragon Warriors.I am willing to change some things.

                --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, "Nim" <nde5ilva@t...> wrote:

                > In case anyone is interested, as some of you know, I am running
                > three online Dragon Warrior games. If you are interested in joining
                > one where about one to four posts are made a day, let me know.
                >
                > It does have a D&D feel to it though as I am running D&D campaigns
                > with a Dragon Warriors twist to it. As to if the "twist" is
                > authentic or not and results in a Dragon Warriors atmosphere, you
                > will have to ask the players.
                >
                > Do bear in mind that I do work and on occasion, I will not be able
                > to post if things are busy, and obviously, my wife would castrate me
                > if I continued to GM when on holiday!
                >
                > If you are interested, but would only be able to post fewer times in
                > the day, the two other adventures run slower and will have
                > opportunities to join later.
                >
                > Nim.
                >
                > (Go on, think about it...)
              • kharille
                Message 7 of 25 , May 6, 2005
                  --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, "trickle0" <trickle0@y...> wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  > I am Dominic's brother.I would be interested in playing if you
                  > need players.I didn't like DW because I didn't want to be a
                  > knight and I didn't want to be a barbarian and I wanted a hand
                  > and a half sword! I didn't like knights because they relied on
                  > their armour to keep them safe and I didn't like barbarians
                  > because they relied on bashing their enemys into submission for
                  > safety.The hand and a half sword of course was not in the weapons
                  > list.These days I tend to play either a highlander(a sort of
                  > barbarian I suppose)with a two handed sword or a large axe ;or;
                  > a non-descript man with a hand and a half sword and some stealth
                  > skills.I do not know how this will fit into either your game or
                  > Dragon Warriors.I am willing to change some things.

                  I'm sure Nim always has room. You need to find his email and let him
                  know. Mind you, there's an abundance of two handed swords.... I
                  don't get it...

                  You're always welcome. Try one of those three Nim games he's running.....
                • Nim
                  Message 8 of 25 , May 7, 2005
                    You have mail

                    --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, "trickle0" <trickle0@y...> wrote:
                    > Hi,
                    > I am Dominic's brother.I would be interested in playing if you
                    > need players.I didn't like DW because I didn't want to be a
                    > knight and I didn't want to be a barbarian and I wanted a hand
                    > and a half sword! I didn't like knights because they relied on
                    > their armour to keep them safe and I didn't like barbarians
                    > because they relied on bashing their enemys into submission for
                    > safety.The hand and a half sword of course was not in the weapons
                    > list.These days I tend to play either a highlander(a sort of
                    > barbarian I suppose)with a two handed sword or a large axe ;or;
                    > a non-descript man with a hand and a half sword and some stealth
                    > skills.I do not know how this will fit into either your game or
                    > Dragon Warriors.I am willing to change some things.
                    >

                    > --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, "Nim" <nde5ilva@t...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > In case anyone is interested, as some of you know, I am running
                    > > three online Dragon Warrior games. If you are interested in
                    joining
                    > > one where about one to four posts are made a day, let me know.
                    > >
                    > > It does have a D&D feel to it though as I am running D&D
                    campaigns
                    > > with a Dragon Warriors twist to it. As to if the "twist" is
                    > > authentic or not and results in a Dragon Warriors atmosphere,
                    you
                    > > will have to ask the players.
                    > >
                    > > Do bear in mind that I do work and on occasion, I will not be
                    able
                    > > to post if things are busy, and obviously, my wife would
                    castrate me
                    > > if I continued to GM when on holiday!
                    > >
                    > > If you are interested, but would only be able to post fewer
                    times in
                    > > the day, the two other adventures run slower and will have
                    > > opportunities to join later.
                    > >
                    > > Nim.
                    > >
                    > > (Go on, think about it...)
                  • Captain Starkiller
                    Message 9 of 25 , May 2, 2011
                      I am looking for some players for an adventure where the players are 8th to 10th rank.  Anyone interested?

                      It is going to be out of the traditional Dragon Warriors setting for a while, so your characters will need to role play amazement when they venture into hell and similar places!

                    • Kharille
                      Message 10 of 25 , May 2, 2011
                        > I am looking for some players for an adventure where the players are 8th
                        > to 10th rank. Anyone interested?

                        Is it already running or a new game? I might want to observe rather than participate... Maybe I can play a ghost eh? Or maybe an ethereal hellion?
                      • Captain Starkiller
                        Message 11 of 25 , May 2, 2011
                          Already running.

                          Message 12 of 25 , Jul 20, 2011

                            Morning all.  Anyone interested in playing an on-line Dragon Warrior adventure?

                            It is high magic, and high rank with the characters being 8th rank or above.  I would be looking for players to take over some NPC's (that are NPC's as some of the original players have dropped out).

                            If you are interested, the characters that are available are a mystic, a sorcerer, a dwarf and a knight.

                            As noted, it is more of a D&D setting (the players are one of the levels of hell) but with a Dragon Warriors twist (one of the NPC's who is to remain an NPC is a Nun of the True Faith, and one character has a holy relic with him).

                            If you are interested, please let me know.

                          • Captain Starkiller
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jul 20, 2011

                              Morning all.  Anyone interested in playing an on-line Dragon Warrior adventure?

                              One is high magic, and high rank with the characters being 8th rank or above.  I would be looking for players to take over some NPC's (that are NPC's as some of the original players have dropped out).If you are interested, the characters that are available are a mystic, a sorcerer, a dwarf and a knight.

                              As noted, it is more of a D&D setting (the players are one of the levels of hell) but with a Dragon Warriors twist (one of the NPC's who is to remain an NPC is a Nun of the True Faith, and one character has a holy relic with him).

                              The other is a lower ranked adventure, featuring a group of knights (i.e. no magical back up) who are trying to find honour and justice on various quests.  They have just finished a Box of Bones, and are about to embark on an adventure to reclaim the lost relic.  Interested players can take over one of two knights.  Bear in mind that with no access to magic, the knights are having issues with healing as well as working out what items (if any) are enchanted, which makes GM'ing more fun and makes them more aware of the dangers of being injured.

                              If you are interested, please let me know.  And if you want to join either adventure with a new character, let me know.

                            • Kharille
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jul 20, 2011
                                > One is high magic, and high rank with the characters being 8th rank or
                                > above. I would be looking for players to take over some NPC's (that are
                                > NPC's as some of the original players have dropped out).If you are
                                > interested, the characters that are available are a mystic, a sorcerer,
                                > a dwarf and a knight.

                                I think I could play Ron Jeremy...
                                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Jeremy
                              • Captain Starkiller
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jul 20, 2011
                                  Fortunately, none of the characters have the same appearance as him.
                                  So, as noted before, two different adventures, one low magic, one lots of magic.

                                  --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, "Kharille" <kharille@...> wrote:
                                  > I think I could play Ron Jeremy...
                                  > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Jeremy

                                • Shaun Hately
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jul 24, 2011
                                    This week is one of the three 'Read an RPG book in public' weeks for
                                    this year.

                                    I just encountered a video put up for the event last year at:

                                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vcPI_c7KDc

                                    Check out the first book shown at about the 36 second mark.
                                  • Captain Starkiller
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jul 25, 2011
                                      I will do that on the train to London tomorrow.

                                      And anyone else interested in on-line gaming?
                                      I post about once a day on average (I try to post twice).
                                      The games have the following vacancies to replace lost players.

                                      Vallandar - a group of knights who are (at present) working as sell-swords to Baron Aldred.  A mid ranked low magic adventure.  The two remaining characters have been NPC's before
                                      Sir William - the disowned son of Montombre
                                      Sir Ruttgar - yes, the same one from the Box of Bones

                                      DWPBEM - the adventureres are going through part of the Shackled City, though with a Dragon Warriors twist, a high rank (8th rank and above) high magic adventure.  All were played by players who have had to drop out for one reason or another.
                                      There are a mystic, a knight and a sorcerer available to play.