RE: [dragwars] Books on Ebay - Auction ends in 8 days

  • Nicholas, Bannister Evan - NICBE001
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
      pity its a) a UK only site, wont deliver beyond europe.
      b) the books are spilt up into 4 different bids.

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 8, 2005
        not a pity at all. I just won the auction and I'm located in Canada.
        In fact I won all of them, so I now I have a virtually brand new set,
        including a cool book case for the first 3 books!

        As I mentioned a few months ago, I may already have the complete set
        in Australia at my parent's place (I don't know as it was a long time
        since I was back) - but that set has writing in it.

        I wanted to buy two good condition copies of 2 RPGs that I was very
        fond of growing up - the original D&D boxed sets (4th Edition) and
        Dragon Warriors. I am currently winning an auction for the D&D Rules
        Cyclopedia so once I've won that I've got my small collection complete.

        cheers.

        --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, "Nicholas, Bannister Evan - NICBE001"

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 8, 2005
          Well for the sake of your wallet, I'm glad I didn't bid against you.

          <nicbe001@s...> wrote:
          > pity its a) a UK only site, wont deliver beyond europe.
          > b) the books are spilt up into 4 different bids.

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • superlativedw
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 10, 2005
            what would you have bid? Actually I compared my winning bids with
            bids for other DW books, and I got a bargain. Many people were paying
            more for poorer quality books.

            If you do a search on ebay.ca - you can't actually find those items,
            and the only way you can find it is by typing in the item # - so I was
            lucky to find it through you guys.

            I have no idea what I bought them actually. I think I bought them
            just to "collect", as this is one of the series worth collecting in my
            opinion.

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 10, 2005
              I probably would have gone up to 3pounds (around $7.00 Aus) each book,
              as my book 2 is on its death bed, and that boxed edition looked pretty
              sweet.

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 11, 2005
                in that case, thank-you! I was going to bid very high for that boxed
                set, and the fact that I got it for just over 4 pounds is amazing.

                <nicbe001@s...> wrote:
                > I probably would have gone up to 3pounds (around $7.00 Aus) each book,
                > as my book 2 is on its death bed, and that boxed edition looked pretty
                > sweet.

              • Nim
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 22, 2005
                  Several books are up for sale again. Type in "Dragaon Warriors" and
                  click on descriptions as well.

                  And they have book five as well!

                  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
                  ViewItem&category=44111&item=5177827092&rd=1

                  (Remember the underdogs site for those who wish to download it.)

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 22, 2005
                    I just received today the entire collection (the first 3 books in a
                    cool bookcase!) from the earlier auction that was posted.

                    Wow - the condition is brand new! although, as typical for this
                    distinctly cheaply made series, there is some cover wear around the
                    edges. However the condition of the entire set is near mint - there
                    are no creases on the spine, which shows that it looks unused.

                    I personally have no use for it, as I prefer to use the PDF versions,
                    and I don't even play RPGs any more. But I wanted a pristine copy of
                    this excellent RPG for collection purposes. Who knows, in many years
                    it might be worth a lot - especially when this entire set is near mint
                    condition!

                    Compared with the condition of other copies for sale, I'd say I got
                    lucky! Thanks Mike Page for flagging the auction!