[dragwars] More books available!

  • Shaun Hately
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 1998
      I told you I have luck finding the DW books for sale. This morning I
      purchased the following (all available for purchase at the price I paid
      plus postage and packaging. All prices in Australian dollars).

      1 copy of Book 2: The Way of Wizardry. Pretty good condition - intact with
      minor creasing to the cover. Unmarked internally except for black ink
      blotting out a name on the title page and the price. $2.50

      And (drum roll, please):

      2 copies of Book 5: The Power of Darkness.

      The first copy is ex-library (in fact, looking at it, I think it is
      actually the copy I had on more or less permanent loan from 1987-1989
      (renew for the maximum two times, then return, hang around until it was on
      the shelf again and reborrow - hey, Book 5 was hard to get). It's intact
      and in fairly good condition but there are a few stamps throughout the book
      indicating it belonged to the Peninsula Regional Library service and a
      sticker indicating it's most recent owner. The spine contains stickers
      denoting the books call number, but it is in good nick. $2.50

      The second copy is in reasonable condition. It's fully intact and still
      strongly bound, but both the front and back covers carry one significant
      crease each and some other minor creasing. Internal unmarked except for the
      price on the first page. $1.00

      If anyone is interested please let me know - if interested in either copy
      of Book 5 please indicate which you are interested in (or, if you don't
      care, let me know that too).

      Yours Without Wax, |'Don't knock mutant freaks. That's how
      Dreadnought |evolution works. Something new appears
      / |that might turn out to be just what the
      o=== ======================- |species needs.'
      \ |- Stephanie Tolan 'Welcome to the Ark'
      drednort@... |
      http://www.alphalink.com.au/~drednort/thelab.html
      ICQ: 6898200

    • Ka Hong Chan
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 1998
        I'm sure people are interested. I think I heard a few people wanting this
        and that book. Hell, I've given up on looking, for one thing, I've got the
        full volumes of whatever. Eh, not a good time to show off, but I guessed I
        over priced DW1 for Rhysinsun. Thing is, I've spent ~800 quid in my
        lifetime, on so many other role playing games, and really, I think they are
        crap. No names, cause' it would probably offend some of you guys, but
        there is one other which I've been able to game with.

        But seriously, with the effort I've spent acquiring the books I'd give 30
        quid to replace any book I lost, maybe more, cause' I've wasted so much
        money on so much other junk.

        Legless woke up, went to the bathroom, looked in the mirror, an' saw a big,
        black hairy mole on his face...

        AAAAAARRRGGGHHHHH!

        Legless likes animals....

      • Walshy
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 1998
          On 2 Oct 98 at 12:26, Shaun Hately wrote:

          > I told you I have luck finding the DW books for sale. This morning I
          > purchased the following (all available for purchase at the price I
          > paid plus postage and packaging. All prices in Australian dollars).

          <snipperooni!>

          Not sure how accurate this is, but someone told me about a service
          that Amazon.com are offering, where they'll try to find any book you
          name, whether in print or out, and will email you when they find it.
          I presume they'll charge a reasonable fee for this service, but
          perhaps worth a look for those without the books.

          Speaking as someone who had absolutely no trouble at all buying the
          books, I must confess that I didn't even *know* Book 5 was hard to
          get until last year... I just walked into the local book store, and
          bought them, one by one, as they were published. Strange, really,
          because it was a small store, and didn't have any particular emphasis
          on game books and the like.

          'night all!

          Walshy.
          (who, by the way, knows absolutely *no* martial arts at all... :P )
          --==--
          Bernard Walsh walshy@...
          --==--
          Thought for the day:
          Bagpipes (n): an octopus wearing a kilt.

        • Paul Mason
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 1998
            Walshy wrote on Fri, 2 Oct 1998 22:18:16 +1000

            >Not sure how accurate this is, but someone told me about a service
            >that Amazon.com are offering, where they'll try to find any book you
            >name, whether in print or out, and will email you when they find it.
            >I presume they'll charge a reasonable fee for this service, but
            >perhaps worth a look for those without the books.

            I use Amazon quite a lot, being stuck as I am in Japan, and I have to say their
            book-finding service is highly variable. I was trying to get hold of Barry Hughart's
            sequels to 'Bridge of Birds' and the first time they contacted me they were offering
            a copy for 50 dollars. Before I could even reply to reject it they emailed me that it
            had already gone. I finally got hold of a pretty reasonably priced hardback, but it's
            clearly a hit and miss business.

            ----

            Best wishes

            Paul Mason