Re: [dragwars] Launch of the sapper profession

  • Nigel Koop
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2012
      wasn't sure what exactly a sapper was until just after you sent this
      email I finished watching Ironclad which I had started watching this
      morning. Whoo boy!

      Not sure about Sappers as a player character, but as an NPC they could
      be very handy. Would be a pretty major scale battle though.

      Has anyone gamed a large scale battle in Dragon Warriors before? I
      imagine it would be pretty unwieldy and you'd need to go to another
      system for any battle too large.

      On 1/6/12 3:10 PM, Kharille wrote:
      > Its out boys! They're there! They're everywhere! What better than to
      > take out a Malgash camping in the security of his own cave than to
      > employ a sapper to bring down the cave! Be sure they will know the
      > latest sanitary methods to ensure that city life will be unbearable for
      > the besieged! Is your sewage system clogged up with orcs and other
      > infestations? No problems! Your trusty sapper will use advanced
      > incendiary methods to detonate locally flammable materials and resolve
      > the situation!
      >
      > Bearing in mind that these guys can easily kill masses of peasants with
      > their skill of arson techniques, you can hit lvl 12 in the space of a
      > week by killing a whole city with fire!

    • Kharille
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2012
        --- In dragwars@yahoogroups.com, Nigel Koop <churchforthedef@...> wrote:

        > wasn't sure what exactly a sapper was until just after you sent this
        > email I finished watching Ironclad which I had started watching this
        > morning. Whoo boy!
        >
        > Not sure about Sappers as a player character, but as an NPC they could
        > be very handy. Would be a pretty major scale battle though.
        >
        > Has anyone gamed a large scale battle in Dragon Warriors before? I
        > imagine it would be pretty unwieldy and you'd need to go to another
        > system for any battle too large.

        Most of my stuff comes from Wiki. I think they call it combat engineer. Amazing stuff the things they do. Thing is, I don't see how I can put practical figures as to the amount of ship point damage a sapper can do with a sledge hammer, or a screw driver, only that they do it better than other professions.

        Watched black death with that sean bean guy. Terrain rules ought to be implemented! The guys waded through waist deep marshes... I mean, life can be interesting if you can put the players in that alien environment.

        Sappers would be nasty if they can stay in the same location for some time. Thats the problem, they're not very mobile. Now we need someone to create the mounted archer, like the opposite of the sapper, master of open spaces...

        I need to put some numbers but most of the time sappers are like original drag wars bk 5 elementalists. They're quite overpowered actually. Who needs dragon breath and two handed swords when you can build a fortress with so many anti personnel defences?....