[dpsg-nyc] pattern for PL group

  • Oleg.Shteynbuk@chase.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 1999
      During the latest discussion on GoF mailing list the Private Interface
      pattern by James Newkirk from PLoP '97 was mention. It looks like a good
      topic for the PL group. It is very elegant and small enough for one
      session. In the implementation and Sample Code section there are C++ and
      Java parts. I could appreciate C++ part, it is cool; Java part uses Inner
      Classes and Anonymous classes and I hope that smb. who could explain why
      they are used will show up at the meeting, so it could be also some
      discussion on comparison of the two languages and what impact it has on the
      design.

      I suggest March 8 or March 22, because I could not make on March 15.

      the Private Interface pattern written by James Newkirk. The paper can be
      obtained at http://www.oma.com/PDF/privateInterface.pdf or at the PLoP '97
      web site http://st-www.cs.uiuc.edu/~hanmer/PLoP-97/Proceedings/newkirk.pdf

      oleg

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/dpsg-nyc