[dpsg-nyc] ChiliPLoP Conference Classes

  • Ralph Cabrera
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2000
      Hello,

      My name is Ralph Cabrera and I'm the conference chair of ChiliPLoP 2000, a
      patterns conference like no other! I would like to invite you to come
      participate in ChiliPLoP 2000, March 14-17 in Wickenburg, Arizona. If you can't
      make it, perhaps you know of someone who could benefit from training in pattern
      writing and/or pattern language writing. Please pass it on!

      ChiliPLoP is a training conference for people new to patterns concepts or have
      begun writing patterns and are looking for continued understanding and
      improvement in patterns. This year we have something quite special in store for
      attendees of the training classes.

      First, we have some stellar trainers who are patterns notables in their own
      right: James Coplien, Dick Gabriel, and Neil Harrison.

      Jim Coplien will be leading a class through the pattern mining/writing/language
      process. Cope is using the wranglers and an actual horse back ride at the
      Wickenburg Inn as a information source to be mined for patterns. The class will
      then collaborate on the patterns and the language that they form.

      Dick Gabriel will be leading a class in crafting pattern languages from
      patterns. Dick will also make interviews with wranglers part of the learning
      process for pattern mining. Participants are welcome to bring in patterns and
      pattern languages that they want to work on during the conference.

      Neil Harrison will be leading a class in pattern writing for those new to the
      pattern concept. Participants are welcome to bring in patterns that they are
      currently working on.

      The registration page can be found here:
      http://www.agcs.com/patterns/chiliplop/chili2k.htm