interest in re-activating 4G study group?

  • Shannon Wagner
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 10, 2006
      Hi,

      I'm trying to gauge interest in re-activating the 4G study group,
      maybe on a monthly schedule instead of weekly (to hopefully catch more
      people that might not be able to commit weekly).

      Any feedback is appreciated..

      - shannon
    • A. Resa Jones
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 10, 2006
        Yes, my brother and I would both be interested.

        http://new.mail.yahoo.com
      • Shannon Wagner
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 14, 2006
          I don't have enough knowledge or programming experience to lead the
          group, but I could certainly facilitate it as a peer-to-peer study
          group (which seems to be in the spirit of the group).

          I'm going to give it some more thought and then maybe try to warm-up a
          4G study group after Thanksgiving.

          - sw

          --- In dpsg-nyc@yahoogroups.com, "A. Resa Jones" <adrianresajones@...>
          wrote:

          > Yes, my brother and I would both be interested.

          > http://new.mail.yahoo.com

        • Shannon Wagner
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 16, 2006
            A co-worker of mine (who has far more experience than I do) is also
            interested in starting up this study group again.

            Since it doesn't seem like the group is active in any form right now,
            we are planning to begin meeting on the first and third Wednesday of
            each month (beginning December 6th, 2006) at the IBM public space at
            56th and Madison in NYC from 7pm to 9pm.

            Of course, all are welcome. Any feedback is appreciated..

            --- In dpsg-nyc@yahoogroups.com, "Shannon Wagner" <shannon@...> wrote:

            > I don't have enough knowledge or programming experience to lead the
            > group, but I could certainly facilitate it as a peer-to-peer study
            > group (which seems to be in the spirit of the group).
            >
            > I'm going to give it some more thought and then maybe try to warm-up a
            > 4G study group after Thanksgiving.
            >
            > - sw
            >

            > --- In dpsg-nyc@yahoogroups.com, "A. Resa Jones" <adrianresajones@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Yes, my brother and I would both be interested.

            > > http://new.mail.yahoo.com

          • A. Resa Jones
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 16, 2006
              Maybe you could get this on to the NYPC calendar?
              http://www.nypc.org/

              I'm not sure how many people actually read the
              messages on this list..

              Sponsored Link

              Rates near historic lows -
              $200,000 mortgage for $660/ month -
              http://yahoo.ratemarketplace.com
            • Shannon Wagner
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 18, 2006
                Thank you for the suggestion. I just sent a message to NYPC.org
                asking to be included on the calendar. I'm not a member of that
                group, though, so I don't know whether my request will be accepted.

                I agree re: how many folks might still read this group actively, but
                the way we're looking at it is that even a small meeting could be
                useful (at least initially).