[Fwd: DPSG-NYC]

  • Joshua Kerievsky
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2006
      Hi Folks,

      See the attached email. Are any DPSG groups meeting right now? If
      not, does anyone want to step up and lead a new group?

      The DPSG has had a long tradition of members eventually leading others
      through the classic literature on patterns.

      I may be coming to NYC in January -- I'd look forward to joining the
      group for an evening and hanging out.

      --
      best regards,
      jk

      ----
      I n d u s t r i a l L o g i c , I n c .
      Joshua Kerievsky
      Founder, Industrial XP Coach
      http://industriallogic.com
      http://industrialxp.org
      866-540-8336 (toll free)
      510-540-8336 (phone)
      Berkeley, California
    • Edward Muesch
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2006
        Joshua,

        I was a member of the group for about a year... until the group stopped
        meeting regularly last year.

        I now have a 2.5 hour commute (one-way) and I am currently re-reading a lot
        of pattern material. Your e-mail came in a timely fashion. I loved reading
        Refactoring to Patterns and have meant to pick-up some more material on
        Refactoring itself, although your book covers it quite well for a novice
        reader.

        I don't think I'd be a good leader of this group, yet, but I would certainly
        like to attend any upcoming meetings. I would certainly volunteer to assist
        a group leader and provide backup when attendance is an issue.

        In any case, I really enjoyed your book and hope all is (and stays) well.

        Keep us in-the-loop :-)

        Regards,

        Edward Muesch
        NecessiSoft, Inc.