[dpsg-nyc] Re: Advent Group

  • Ari Meyer
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 1998
      Hi, Josh:

      Wanted to get back to you on this (sorry, been procrastinating!). Right
      now, as the reverse commute is taking up a ridiculous amount of time, I
      usually head straight to my gym once we're done with our meetings
      (9/9:30PM). I would definitely like to get into the Bar89 tradition,
      but it's difficult for me right now. Also, the most dedicated member of
      the AP group lives in Brooklyn, and usually wants to go home immediately
      after the meeting.

      That said, I'm open to new opportunities via recruiters, but wouldn't
      necessarily want to have regular, weekly meetings with recruiters. I
      think an as-needed approach may be better.

      Regards,
      Ari

      >I received this email this morning. A while back, we had a head-hunter
      >buy us all drinks at Bar-89, after our meetings. Would anyone like to
      >continue that tradition? I thought it was an interesting way to talk
      >this kind of person - since the environment is relaxed and sometimes
      they
      >have some good opportunities. It's also nice to have your drinks paid
      >for - particularly, if you like the expensive stuff ;-)
      >

      >-jk
      >

      ><excerpt>From: adventgroup@...

      >Subject: Advent Group
      >
      >Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 15:38:19 -0500

      >any of your members with Manhattan opportunities. If so please E-mail
      >me. I deal witht the banking industry, and most of my present
      >situations are on the higher end. If you need a change of pace, get
      in
      ><bigger>Greg Vahan</bigger>
      >
      ></excerpt>

    • Gene Volovich
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 1998
        Greg Vahan is most likely coming 15-30 min before 9pm, to the end of our
        meeting at Space Untitled, and following to Bar89, to make it easier for
        people who do not go to Bar 89. There will be no interference with our meeting,
        yet anyone who wants to can talk to him.

        - Gene