Re: FW: [dpsg-nyc] GoF Group: next cycle: book-recommendation

  • Gunjan Doshi
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2003
      The problem with using Refactoring book by Martin Fowler is that it
      is a very broad OO refactoring book. It is something you read and
      practice. It does not cover many patterns.

      However, I have been following on Josh's book on refactoring to
      patterns, it is something we can definitely use. I personally feel
      that the real applications of Patterns is in refactoring. I put my
      vote on "Refactoring to Patterns" by Josh.

      Gunjan
      --- In dpsg-nyc@yahoogroups.com, Arunabh Bahadur
      <arunabh_bahadur@y...> wrote:
      > I'm also interested in the following
      >
      > Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
      > Addison-Wesley, Hardcover, Published June 1999, 431 pages
      >

      > Regards
      > Arunabh
      >
      > Analytics Developer
      >

      > =====
      > http://search.yahoo.com
    • ashok sharma
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2003

        Gunjan:

        Where and when  do you guys meet? I would like to join the group.

        Please let me know.

        Thanks

        Ashok

      • Wei.Jin@ubsw.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 8, 2003
          I would like to join if the meeting place is in mid town, not in down town.