Resigning a player

  • Peter J Richardson
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2001
      Manus,

      I just tried to resign Persia in game Cat23_j1, by amending the status file,
      but I don't know if I did so correctly. Since Persia was the only
      unregistered player, I also ditced the "open_entry rule at the same time.

      How would a new player set about signing on? Am I right in thinking that for
      Ancient Med the E-mail interface is restricted.

      If anybody reading this fancies playing Persia in Cat23_j1, please feel free
      to sign on.

      Regards
      Peter
    • manus@diplom.org
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2001
        Peter:

        No, resignation is more complicated than just a change to the status file.
        You (and all Masters) should always e-mail the RESIGN command in -- you
        cannot do everything that needs to be done on resignation in the status
        file.

        I fixed cat23_j1 so that it is correct.

        No, the ancmed variant is not limited in any way. It's fully functional
        just like any other variant or standard.

        Stab you soon,
        Manus
      • teoliver@aec.apgea.army.mil
        Message 3 of 6 , May 14, 2001
          --- In dpjudge@y..., manus@d... wrote:
          Manus:

          > No, resignation is more complicated than just a change to the
          status file.
          > You (and all Masters) should always e-mail the RESIGN command in --
          you
          > cannot do everything that needs to be done on resignation in the
          status
          > file.

          Thanks for the info... It is sure to come in handy.

          One Q though: do we (as Master) send the RESIGN command in as the
          player, or the Master? Does the "become" command work like on the
          Lowe Judges, or is there some other way it should be done?

          Thanks in advance!

          -Todd
        • Derek Pillie
          Message 4 of 6 , May 14, 2001
            In my experience, the best way to do it is to signon
            as that power using the master's password (as master
            you can log in as any power with your password) and
            send the resign command that way.

            Derek

            =====
            --------
            Derek A. Pillie
            10112 Avalon Way #6
            Fort Wayne, IN 46825
            (219) 490-9926
            dpillie@...
            http://www.geocities.com/dpillie/

            http://auctions.yahoo.com/
          • manus@diplom.org
            Message 5 of 6 , May 14, 2001
              > > No, resignation is more complicated than just a change to the
              > > status file.
              > > You (and all Masters) should always e-mail the RESIGN command in --
              >
              > Thanks for the info... It is sure to come in handy.
              >
              > One Q though: do we (as Master) send the RESIGN command in as the
              > player, or the Master?

              The player. Read on....

              > Does the "become" command work like on the
              > Lowe Judges, or is there some other way it should be done?

              Some other way. :-)

              a) there is no BECOME
              b) RESIGN is not a command you do after signon -- it's something you
              do INSTEAD of a signon.

              Example:

              RESIGN austria@gameName password
              SIGNOFF

              where "password" can either be Austria's password OR the Master's password.

              Et voila!

              Stab you soon,
              Manus
            • teoliver@aec.apgea.army.mil