Update August 5

  • doug05446
    Message 1 of 29 , Aug 5, 2001
      Sorry for not posting more often, but I currently
      have limited net access. I have been following the
      WWF's treatment of the WCW(Now ECW Alliance),<br>with
      somewhat of a good, somewhat a bad view of there current
      treatment. In the last couple of weeks, We have seen Kurt
      Angle, A WWF contracted wrestler, win the WCW title,
      only to lose it back to Booker T. We have seen Billy
      Kidman lose the WCW Cruiserweight title to X-Puke,
      Austin defect to the side of the WCW, Lance Storm win
      the Intercontinental Title, Kanyon was handed the US
      strap, RVD won, and and has successfully defended the
      Hardcore Title, and a fued start between Booker T and the
      recently returned Rock.<br><br>My current predictions for
      Summerslam matches are:<br><br>WWF title: Stone Cold V. Kurt
      other matches to be determined.<br><br>The only other
      note of interest, is that the WWF has now canceled
      their contracts for the Saturday morning Livewire, and
      Sunday morning Superstars timeslots, and has now created
      a 10PM-12Midnight timeslot on Saturday nights, it
      has not currentley been released as to the purpose
      for this slot, but the assumption is possibly a new
      WCW/ECW timeslot.<br><br> DOUG
    • doug05446
      Message 2 of 29 , Aug 14, 2001
        Here is the current line up and my picks for the
        Summerslam PPV:<br><br>Stone Cold V Kurt Angle-WWF Title
        (Stone Cold)<br><br>Rock V Booker T-WCW Title (Booker
        T)<br><br>DDP & Kanyon(Triad) V Kane & Undertaker(Brothers of
        Destruction)-WWF & WCW Tag Team Title match, title for title cage
        match. (DDP & Kanyon)<br><br>Rob Van Dam V Jeff
        Hardy-WWF Hardcore title(Jeff)<br><br>Lance Storm V
        Edge-WWF I-C Title(Edge)<br><br>Rhyno V Chris Jericho
        (Rhyno)<br><br>Tajiri V X-Puke-WWF Lt-Heavyweight & WCW
        Cruiserweight:title Vs Title (Tajiri)
      • doug05446
        Message 3 of 29 , Aug 19, 2001
          Dudley Boyz & Test V APA & Spike-Dudleys &
          Test<br><br>Tajiri V X-Puke Cruiserweight title & Lt heavyweight
          unification.- X-Puke<br><br>Undertaker & Kane V DDP &
          Stone Cold WWF title<br>winner by DQ-Kurt
          means we will probably see a match being built up
          between the Rock & Stone Cold to unify the World titles @
          the next PPV. And possibly Kanyon & Edge fued to
          unify the US & I-C titles?
        • doug05446
          Message 4 of 29 , Aug 29, 2001
            The following matches are rumoured to be on the
            WWF Unforgiven card:<br><br>WWF Championship
            European Championship Match<br>-Shane Helms (c) vs. Matt
            Hardy<br><br>-Chris Jericho vs. Rob Van Dam
          • doug05446
            Message 5 of 29 , Sep 9, 2001
              Now confirmed:<br><br>Booker T and Shane Mcmahon
              V Rock<br>Handicap match for the WCW
              Boyz<br>tag team titles (which Fed not
            • samanthaiwo
              Message 6 of 29 , Sep 10, 2001
                NEWS TODAY - PLUS THE CHAT FORUM PROBLEMS HAVE
                BEEN FIXED!<br><br>There were alot of you that tried
                to get into the message board on the new Shrine on
                the first night, but silly old me messed up the
                security level, so it wouldn't let any of you on! I'm
                so-ooo sorry! But it's fixed now, and I'm going to open
                up a few points of discussion to get the ball
                rolling. Hope to see you there soon... :)<br><br>Any how,
                now the apology is out of the way, let's get on with
                the news headlines today...<br><br>DALLAS HOUSE SHOW
                RPT - ROCK V AUSTIN!...<br>WWF WANT HOGAN AND WARRIOR
                AT WRESTLEMANIA...<br>STARS SENT TO SHAPE
                UP...<br>STACY AND TORRIE IN NEW COMMERCIAL...<br>NEWS ON STARS'
                SMACKDOWN NEWS...<br>BRADSHAW "I'M NOT A LEADER"...<br>ARN
                ANDERSON EARNED HIS RESPECT...<br><br>To check out the
                news stories go to
                front page :)<br><br>To leave a message in the chat
                forums, go to
                Shrine:)<br><br>ALSO - Please check out the picture galleries... so
                far they feature Trish, Molly, Torrie, Stef, Stacy,
                Lita, Debra, Chyna, Sable, Sunny, Tori, Ivory, Terri,
                Triple H, Shawn, Kurt, Austin, RVD, Team Xtreme and DX.
                I will be adding more today - including Edge. So
                check them out when you get the time - to go directly
                to the picture gallery index go here:
                over the site if you want to send me feedback about
                what you think of the new site, or just reply to this
              • doug05446
                Message 7 of 29 , Sep 14, 2001
                  Published Wednesday, September 12, 2001
                  have something to say.<br>They pay me to provide words
                  that help make sense of that which troubles the
                  American soul. But in this moment of airless shock when
                  hot tears sting disbelieving eyes, the only thing I
                  can find to say, the only words that seem to fit,
                  must be addressed to the unknown author of this
                  suffering. <br><br>You monster. You beast. You unspeakable
                  bastard.<br><br>What lesson did you hope to teach us by your coward's
                  attack on our World Trade Center, our Pentagon, us? What
                  was it you hoped we would learn? Whatever it was,
                  please know that you failed. <br><br>Did you want us to
                  respect your cause? You just damned your cause.
                  resolve.<br><br>Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us
                  together.<br><br>Let me tell you about my people. We are a vast and
                  quarrelsome family, a family rent by racial, social,
                  political and class division, but a family nonetheless.
                  We're frivolous, yes, capable of expending tremendous
                  emotional energy on pop cultural minutiae -- a singer's
                  revealing dress, a ball team's misfortune, a cartoon mouse.
                  We're wealthy, too, spoiled by the ready availability
                  of trinkets and material goods, and maybe because of
                  that, we walk through life with a certain sense of
                  blithe entitlement. We are fundamentally decent, though
                  -- peace-loving and compassionate. We struggle to
                  know the right thing and to do it. And we are, the
                  overwhelming majority of us, people of faith, believers in a
                  just and loving God.<br><br>Some people -- you,
                  perhaps -- think that any or all of this makes us weak.
                  You're mistaken. We are not weak. Indeed, we are strong
                  in ways that cannot be measured by
                  arsenals.<br><br>SORRY, JUST FELT THIS WAS MORE APPROPRIATE THAN
                  WRESTLING POSTS THIS WEEK.
                • doug05446
                  Message 8 of 29 , Sep 18, 2001
                    Right now the PPV lineup for this Sunday looks
                    like this: Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle for the WWF
                    title; The Rock vs. Booker T & Shane McMahon for the WCW
                    title; RVD vs. Chris Jericho for the hardcore title;
                    Edge vs. Christian for the IC title; Tajiri vs. Rhyno
                    for the US title; Undertaker & Kane vs. Kronik for
                    the WCW title. A probable match is Saturn vs. Raven
                    although that isn't official. Also Probable is Hurricane
                    Helms vs. Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy vs. Lance Storm, or
                    Lita vs Ivory.
                  • doug05446
                    Message 9 of 29 , Sep 23, 2001
                      What did you all think of Unforgiven?<br>In the
                      WWF tag team elimination match, the Dudley's beat
                      Hurricane & Storm, Big Show & Spike, and the Hardy boyz to
                      retain the tag team titles, and it looks almost like
                      they may be reviving the Hardy/Dudley rivalry(why,
                      look at the size of the roster?)<br><br>Perry Saturn
                      beat Raven in a "who cares" match.<br><br>Christian
                      beat Edge for the I-C title, which surprised me a
                      little. I have always thought highly of Edge, but perhaps
                      they still have big plans for him.<br><br>Kane and
                      Undertaker held on to the WCW tag team titles over KroniK,
                      am I the only person who beleives that Vince McMahon
                      likes to make former WCW stars look bad?<br><br>RVD V
                      Jericho for the Hardcore title was the match that many
                      people were looking forward to, RVD held onto the
                      Hardcore title, which makes you wonder whether they are
                      ready to let him make the next step up yet or
                      not.<br><br>the Rock managed to beat both Booker T and Shane
                      McMahon in a handicap match, which bugs me. Again I ask,
                      is Vince trying to bury the WCW stars? At this rate,
                      if the WCW does ever get its own show again, people
                      are going to think that all of its stars
                      suck.<br><br>Rhyno vs Tajiri for the WCW US title, 2 former ECW
                      wrestlers fighting for a WCW prize, so ECW can be pushed,
                      but forget about WCW, and BTW, why was this match
                      AFTER the WCW title match? For what it's worth your
                      winner, and new WCW US champion is Rhyno.<br><br>The one
                      decision I can agree with was Kurt Angle winning the WWF
                      title. The WWF needs to give him the title now, before
                      people start to sour on him, and his drawn out fued with
                      Stone Cold has really helped to put Angle into the
                      limelight. <br><br>All in All, I thought that the results of
                      the pay-per-view were OK, but they could have done
                      better.
                    • doug05446
                      Message 10 of 29 , Oct 5, 2001
                        I have updated the Photos section with many new
                        pics today, with more to come! If anyone has any
                        requests for pics they would like me to try to find,
                        please let me know!<br><br>And please invite your
                        friends to join!
                      • doug05446
                        Message 11 of 29 , Oct 13, 2001
                          Please make sure to check out my website, Where I
                          have a photo gallery, as well as a history of the
                          horsemen(still in progress, any help is appreciated), and a
                          poll, plus headlines that are updated
                        • doug05446
                          Message 12 of 29 , Oct 13, 2001
                            I was just checking out the TCW website.
                            www.dustyrhodes.net and found out that Barry Windham, CW Anderson,
                            and Steve Corino have apparantly teamed up to form
                            the Extreme Horsemen, so I guess the legend lives
                            on.....
                          • doug05446
                            Message 13 of 29 , Oct 20, 2001
                              I don't know how many people may have read this
                              site in the past, but please go and check out
                              www.wrestleline.com It is a great site, that is now unfortunately
                              going out of business. It is one of the sites that I
                              have always been able to use for accurate information
                              on title history, as well as news and commentary.
                              The site will be sorely missed!
                            • doug05446
                              Message 14 of 29 , Oct 20, 2001
                                WWF No Mercy Preview <br><br>WWF Title Match:
                                tag team titles:<br>Dudley Boyz vs. Big Show &
                                the Hurricane
                              • doug05446
                                Message 15 of 29 , Oct 22, 2001
                                  WCW Tag team titles:<br>Hardy Boys w/Lita DEF.
                                  Lance Storm & Hurricane Helms w/Mighty Molly &
                                  BEAT Stacy Keibler<br><br>WWF Intercontinental
                                  Cold BEATS Kurt Angle and RVD to retain the WWF world
                                  title.
                                • doug05446
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Oct 27, 2001
                                    In the Australian tour of the WWA, Jeff Jarrett
                                    won a match to crown the 1st WWA World Champion!
                                    Congratulations to "the Chosen One".<br><br>There are rumours of
                                    Hulk Hogan starting up a wrestling group again. The so
                                    called XWF would feature, among other talent; Curt
                                    Hennig, with talk that the owners would like to work out
                                    a deal with Sing as well, with a possible main
                                    event of Sting VS Hogan for their 1st Pay-Per-View.
                                    More info on this as it becomes available.
                                  • doug05446
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Nov 8, 2001
                                      Hey everybody! Here's some info from Naido's
                                      Newsletter...<br><br>XWF roster set for tapings at Universal
                                      Studios<br><br>The roster for the first set of the Xtreme Wrestling
                                      Federation (XWF) tapings at Universal Studios in Florida is
                                      an interesting mix of established performers and up
                                      and coming independent stars.<br><br>Former WWF and
                                      WCW performers scheduled to appear include Jimmy
                                      Hart, Kevin Sullivan, Buff Bagwell, The Nasty Boys,
                                      Roddy Piper, Hacksaw Duggan, Jerry Lawler, The Road
                                      Warriors, Curt Hennig, Konnan, Rena Mero, Crowbar, The
                                      Harris Boys, Norman Smiley, Juventud Guerrera, and
                                      Vampiro.<br><br>Former ECW stars Kid Kash, Simon Diamond, and Dawn Marie
                                      are also booked. Representing Puerto Rico's World
                                      Wrestling Council will be Carlos Colon, Carly Colon, and
                                      Rey Gonzalez.<br><br>Several names familiar to those
                                      who follow the independent circuit are also scheduled
                                      for the tapings, including Mike Modest of APW and Pro
                                      Wrestling NOAH fame, The Shane Twins, A.J. Styles, Chris
                                      Daniels, Low Ki, and Red of the SATs. www.RFVideo.com is
                                      reporting that Low Ki may be working under a different ring
                                      name.<br><br>It is expected that Roddy Piper will be doing a
                                      Piper's Pit style interview segment and will not be
                                      wrestling.<br><br>The XWF tapings are scheduled for Tuesday 11/13 and
                                      Wednesday 11/14. While the tapings are free, you will have
                                      to call 407-224-5871 to reserve your space. The
                                      tapings are tentatively scheduled both days for 10 AM,
                                      11:30 AM, 1:30 PM, 4:00 PM and 5:45 PM. You must go to
                                      Turkey Lake Road at Gate 3. There will not be an
                                      admission fee to enter Universal Studios for the taping.
                                    • doug05446
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Nov 20, 2001
                                        Unless you live under a rock, and missed RAW this
                                        week, I'm sure everyone knows by now, but as of
                                        November 20, 2001 Ric Flair returned to the world of
                                        professional wrestling, now as the storyline co-owner of the
                                        World Wrestling Federation.<br><br> It should be
                                        interesting to see where we go from here....
                                      • doug05446
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Nov 28, 2001
                                          This is the roster as near as I can come for the
                                          1st day of tapings for the new XWF promotion. The
                                          matches for the 1st tapings coming
                                          tommorrow.<br><br>Barry Horowitz, The Demon, Jimmy Snuka Jr, Jimmy
                                          "Superfly" Snuka<br>Sarge, Kevin Northcutt, Vito, Kingpins,
                                          Harris Brothers, AJ Styles<br>Josh Matthews, Cuban
                                          Assassin, Carly Colon, Konnan, Knuckles,<br>Norman Smiley,
                                          Dresdin, Power Company, South Philly Posse, Lex
                                          Lovett<br>Vapor, Sonny Onoo, Jake Damien, Greg Valentine, Rey
                                          Gonzalez,<br>Mean Mike Moran, Big 2 Fuli, Buff Bagwell, Maximum
                                          Force, Caged Heat, <br>British Storm, Horace Hogan, Curt
                                          Hennig, Vampiro, Marty Jannetty,<br>Hail, Jimmy Hart,
                                          Nasty Boys, Shane Twins, Juventud
                                          Guerrera,<br>Psicosis, Mr. Jones, The Wall, Johnny B. Badd, Road
                                          Warriors,Dresdin,<br>Kid Kash, Bobby Heenan, Vampiro, Christopher
                                          Daniels,<br>"Universal Blonde" Lenny Lane, Tough Tom, Mike Sullivan,
                                          Billy Fives, <br>Swinger, Simon Diamond, Dawn Marie
                                          Danny Domin, Eric Priest, Miss James, <br>Quick Kick,
                                          Hacksaw Jim Duggan.
                                        • doug05446
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Dec 5, 2001
                                            The WWF talent cuts have begun, and so far I have
                                            seen a list of;<br>Jimmy Yang, Kid Romeo, Lash LeRoux,
                                            Allan Funk (Kwee-Wee), Elix Skipper, Essa Rios, Russ
                                            McCullough, and Reno.<br><br>I just think that they are
                                            releasing some very talented wrestlers here, that have tons
                                            of potential. With luck, maybe the XWF or someone
                                            else will pick them up!
                                          • doug05446
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Dec 6, 2001
                                              Barry Horowitz vs. The Demon <br>Jimmy Snuka Jr.
                                              w/Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka vs. Sarge <br>Kevin Northcutt
                                              vs. Vito <br>Kingpins vs. Harris Brothers <br>AJ
                                              Styles vs. Josh Matthews <br>Cuban Assassin vs. Carly
                                              Colon <br>Vito vs. Konnan <br>Knuckles vs. Norman
                                              Smiley <br>Barry Horowitz vs. Dresdin <br>Power Company
                                              vs. South Philly Posse(Public Enemy) <br>Lex Lovett
                                              vs. Vapor w/Sonny Onoo <br>Jake Damien vs. Greg
                                              Valentine <br>Kevin Northcutt vs. Rey Gonzalez <br>Mean
                                              Mike Moran vs. Big 2 Fuli <br>Buff Bagwell vs. Vito
                                              Hogan <br>Curt Hennig vs. Vampiro <br>Marty Jannetty
                                              vs. Hail w/Jimmy Hart <br>Cruiserweight Battle Royal
                                              for the XWF Cruiserweight Title <br>Nasty Boys vs.
                                              Shane Twins <br>Juventud Guerrera and Psichosis vs.
                                              Konnan and Rey Gonzalez <br>Mr. Jones vs. The Wall
                                              Johnny B. Badd <br>Road Warriors vs. Shane Twins
                                              Jannetty <br>Horace Hogan vs. Josh Matthews <br>South
                                              Philly Posse vs. Shane Twins <br>Kid Kash vs. AJ Styles
                                              w/Sonny Onoo <br>British Storm and Curt Hennig w/Bobby
                                              Heenan vs. <br>Buff Bagwell and Vampiro <br>AJ Styles
                                              vs. Christopher Daniels <br>Johnny B. Badd vs. Mr.
                                              Jones <br>"Universal Blonde" Lenny Lane vs. Jake Damien
                                              Mike Sullivan <br>The Wall vs. British Storm <br>Kid
                                              Kash vs. Juventud Guerrera <br>Psichosis vs. Billy
                                              Fives <br>Vito vs. Big 2 Fuli <br>Marty Jannetty vs.
                                              Sarge <br>Swinger and Simon Diamond w/Dawn Marie vs.
                                              vs. Josh Matthews <br>Nasty Boys vs. Shane Twins for
                                              the XWF Tag Team Titles <br>The Wall vs. Jake Damien
                                              w/Bobby Heenan vs. Johnny B. Badd <br>Horace Hogan vs.
                                              Hail w/Jimmy Hart <br>Road Warriors vs. Shane Twins
                                              vs. South Philly Posse <br>Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs.
                                              Dresdin <br>Vito vs. Mike Sullivan <br>Shane Twins vs.
                                              Harris Brothers <br>The Demon vs. Psichosis <br>Caged
                                              Heat vs. Maximum Force <br>Buff Bagwell vs. Vampiro
                                            • doug05446
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Dec 29, 2001
                                                So it is official, at the Royal Rumble we will
                                                know see Ric Flair take on Vince Mcmahon in the ring.
                                                I have to admit, I can't wait to see the match. Ric
                                                can still go, and he can teach the younger guys in
                                                the WWF a thing or 2 about wrestling!
                                              • doug05446
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Jan 8, 2002
                                                  I am moving this club to:
                                                  Doug
                                                • doug05446
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Feb 10 11:19 PM
                                                    Come on over and sign up for the new Yahoo
                                                    realated news on the site ASAP. Check out my
                                                    on<br>www.wrestlingnewsworld.com