New WCW Cruiserweight Champ

  • doug05446
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 7, 2001
      On Smackdown! this week, we saw the WCW Cruiserweight title change occur when now GREGORY Helms, lost the title in a battle against former WCW Cruiserweight and Tag Team champion, Billy Kidman.
    • doug05446
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 22, 2001
        Tonight, 22 July 01, we will see the WWF finally
        face off with the WCW/ECW coalition. What will all the
        "true" WWF fans say when the WCW kicks the WWF's butt! I
        for one, cannot wait to see the "new" WCW start up,
        and it will be intersting to see what surprises
        await!
      • doug05446
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 22, 2001
          Edge & Christian V Mike Awesome & Lance
          Team Match<br>Trish Stratus & Lita V Torrie Wilson &
          Ms. Hancock<br>My pick: Trish & Lita (we've already
          seen them in a draw and panties)<br><br>Billy Kidman V
          Title:<br>Rob Van Dam V Jeff Hardy<br>My pick: Jeff
          Kane, Chris Jericho, & Kurt
          WCW/ECW Team
        • doug05446
          Message 4 of 29 , Aug 5, 2001
            Sorry for not posting more often, but I currently
            have limited net access. I have been following the
            WWF's treatment of the WCW(Now ECW Alliance),<br>with
            somewhat of a good, somewhat a bad view of there current
            treatment. In the last couple of weeks, We have seen Kurt
            Angle, A WWF contracted wrestler, win the WCW title,
            only to lose it back to Booker T. We have seen Billy
            Kidman lose the WCW Cruiserweight title to X-Puke,
            Austin defect to the side of the WCW, Lance Storm win
            the Intercontinental Title, Kanyon was handed the US
            strap, RVD won, and and has successfully defended the
            Hardcore Title, and a fued start between Booker T and the
            recently returned Rock.<br><br>My current predictions for
            Summerslam matches are:<br><br>WWF title: Stone Cold V. Kurt
            other matches to be determined.<br><br>The only other
            note of interest, is that the WWF has now canceled
            their contracts for the Saturday morning Livewire, and
            Sunday morning Superstars timeslots, and has now created
            a 10PM-12Midnight timeslot on Saturday nights, it
            has not currentley been released as to the purpose
            for this slot, but the assumption is possibly a new
            WCW/ECW timeslot.<br><br> DOUG
          • doug05446
            Message 5 of 29 , Aug 14, 2001
              Here is the current line up and my picks for the
              Summerslam PPV:<br><br>Stone Cold V Kurt Angle-WWF Title
              (Stone Cold)<br><br>Rock V Booker T-WCW Title (Booker
              T)<br><br>DDP & Kanyon(Triad) V Kane & Undertaker(Brothers of
              Destruction)-WWF & WCW Tag Team Title match, title for title cage
              match. (DDP & Kanyon)<br><br>Rob Van Dam V Jeff
              Hardy-WWF Hardcore title(Jeff)<br><br>Lance Storm V
              Edge-WWF I-C Title(Edge)<br><br>Rhyno V Chris Jericho
              (Rhyno)<br><br>Tajiri V X-Puke-WWF Lt-Heavyweight & WCW
              Cruiserweight:title Vs Title (Tajiri)
            • doug05446
              Message 6 of 29 , Aug 19, 2001
                Dudley Boyz & Test V APA & Spike-Dudleys &
                Test<br><br>Tajiri V X-Puke Cruiserweight title & Lt heavyweight
                unification.- X-Puke<br><br>Undertaker & Kane V DDP &
                Stone Cold WWF title<br>winner by DQ-Kurt
                means we will probably see a match being built up
                between the Rock & Stone Cold to unify the World titles @
                the next PPV. And possibly Kanyon & Edge fued to
                unify the US & I-C titles?
              • doug05446
                Message 7 of 29 , Aug 29, 2001
                  The following matches are rumoured to be on the
                  WWF Unforgiven card:<br><br>WWF Championship
                  European Championship Match<br>-Shane Helms (c) vs. Matt
                  Hardy<br><br>-Chris Jericho vs. Rob Van Dam
                • doug05446
                  Message 8 of 29 , Sep 9, 2001
                    Now confirmed:<br><br>Booker T and Shane Mcmahon
                    V Rock<br>Handicap match for the WCW
                    Boyz<br>tag team titles (which Fed not
                  • samanthaiwo
                    Message 9 of 29 , Sep 10, 2001
                      NEWS TODAY - PLUS THE CHAT FORUM PROBLEMS HAVE
                      BEEN FIXED!<br><br>There were alot of you that tried
                      to get into the message board on the new Shrine on
                      the first night, but silly old me messed up the
                      security level, so it wouldn't let any of you on! I'm
                      so-ooo sorry! But it's fixed now, and I'm going to open
                      up a few points of discussion to get the ball
                      rolling. Hope to see you there soon... :)<br><br>Any how,
                      now the apology is out of the way, let's get on with
                      the news headlines today...<br><br>DALLAS HOUSE SHOW
                      RPT - ROCK V AUSTIN!...<br>WWF WANT HOGAN AND WARRIOR
                      AT WRESTLEMANIA...<br>STARS SENT TO SHAPE
                      UP...<br>STACY AND TORRIE IN NEW COMMERCIAL...<br>NEWS ON STARS'
                      SMACKDOWN NEWS...<br>BRADSHAW "I'M NOT A LEADER"...<br>ARN
                      ANDERSON EARNED HIS RESPECT...<br><br>To check out the
                      news stories go to
                      front page :)<br><br>To leave a message in the chat
                      forums, go to
                      Shrine:)<br><br>ALSO - Please check out the picture galleries... so
                      far they feature Trish, Molly, Torrie, Stef, Stacy,
                      Lita, Debra, Chyna, Sable, Sunny, Tori, Ivory, Terri,
                      Triple H, Shawn, Kurt, Austin, RVD, Team Xtreme and DX.
                      I will be adding more today - including Edge. So
                      check them out when you get the time - to go directly
                      to the picture gallery index go here:
                      over the site if you want to send me feedback about
                      what you think of the new site, or just reply to this
                    • doug05446
                      Message 10 of 29 , Sep 14, 2001
                        Published Wednesday, September 12, 2001
                        have something to say.<br>They pay me to provide words
                        that help make sense of that which troubles the
                        American soul. But in this moment of airless shock when
                        hot tears sting disbelieving eyes, the only thing I
                        can find to say, the only words that seem to fit,
                        must be addressed to the unknown author of this
                        suffering. <br><br>You monster. You beast. You unspeakable
                        bastard.<br><br>What lesson did you hope to teach us by your coward's
                        attack on our World Trade Center, our Pentagon, us? What
                        was it you hoped we would learn? Whatever it was,
                        please know that you failed. <br><br>Did you want us to
                        respect your cause? You just damned your cause.
                        resolve.<br><br>Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us
                        together.<br><br>Let me tell you about my people. We are a vast and
                        quarrelsome family, a family rent by racial, social,
                        political and class division, but a family nonetheless.
                        We're frivolous, yes, capable of expending tremendous
                        emotional energy on pop cultural minutiae -- a singer's
                        revealing dress, a ball team's misfortune, a cartoon mouse.
                        We're wealthy, too, spoiled by the ready availability
                        of trinkets and material goods, and maybe because of
                        that, we walk through life with a certain sense of
                        blithe entitlement. We are fundamentally decent, though
                        -- peace-loving and compassionate. We struggle to
                        know the right thing and to do it. And we are, the
                        overwhelming majority of us, people of faith, believers in a
                        just and loving God.<br><br>Some people -- you,
                        perhaps -- think that any or all of this makes us weak.
                        You're mistaken. We are not weak. Indeed, we are strong
                        in ways that cannot be measured by
                        arsenals.<br><br>SORRY, JUST FELT THIS WAS MORE APPROPRIATE THAN
                        WRESTLING POSTS THIS WEEK.
                      • doug05446
                        Message 11 of 29 , Sep 18, 2001
                          Right now the PPV lineup for this Sunday looks
                          like this: Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle for the WWF
                          title; The Rock vs. Booker T & Shane McMahon for the WCW
                          title; RVD vs. Chris Jericho for the hardcore title;
                          Edge vs. Christian for the IC title; Tajiri vs. Rhyno
                          for the US title; Undertaker & Kane vs. Kronik for
                          the WCW title. A probable match is Saturn vs. Raven
                          although that isn't official. Also Probable is Hurricane
                          Helms vs. Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy vs. Lance Storm, or
                          Lita vs Ivory.
                        • doug05446
                          Message 12 of 29 , Sep 23, 2001
                            What did you all think of Unforgiven?<br>In the
                            WWF tag team elimination match, the Dudley's beat
                            Hurricane & Storm, Big Show & Spike, and the Hardy boyz to
                            retain the tag team titles, and it looks almost like
                            they may be reviving the Hardy/Dudley rivalry(why,
                            look at the size of the roster?)<br><br>Perry Saturn
                            beat Raven in a "who cares" match.<br><br>Christian
                            beat Edge for the I-C title, which surprised me a
                            little. I have always thought highly of Edge, but perhaps
                            they still have big plans for him.<br><br>Kane and
                            Undertaker held on to the WCW tag team titles over KroniK,
                            am I the only person who beleives that Vince McMahon
                            likes to make former WCW stars look bad?<br><br>RVD V
                            Jericho for the Hardcore title was the match that many
                            people were looking forward to, RVD held onto the
                            Hardcore title, which makes you wonder whether they are
                            ready to let him make the next step up yet or
                            not.<br><br>the Rock managed to beat both Booker T and Shane
                            McMahon in a handicap match, which bugs me. Again I ask,
                            is Vince trying to bury the WCW stars? At this rate,
                            if the WCW does ever get its own show again, people
                            are going to think that all of its stars
                            suck.<br><br>Rhyno vs Tajiri for the WCW US title, 2 former ECW
                            wrestlers fighting for a WCW prize, so ECW can be pushed,
                            but forget about WCW, and BTW, why was this match
                            AFTER the WCW title match? For what it's worth your
                            winner, and new WCW US champion is Rhyno.<br><br>The one
                            decision I can agree with was Kurt Angle winning the WWF
                            title. The WWF needs to give him the title now, before
                            people start to sour on him, and his drawn out fued with
                            Stone Cold has really helped to put Angle into the
                            limelight. <br><br>All in All, I thought that the results of
                            the pay-per-view were OK, but they could have done
                            better.
                          • doug05446
                            Message 13 of 29 , Oct 5, 2001
                              I have updated the Photos section with many new
                              pics today, with more to come! If anyone has any
                              requests for pics they would like me to try to find,
                              please let me know!<br><br>And please invite your
                              friends to join!
                            • doug05446
                              Message 14 of 29 , Oct 13, 2001
                                Please make sure to check out my website, Where I
                                have a photo gallery, as well as a history of the
                                horsemen(still in progress, any help is appreciated), and a
                                poll, plus headlines that are updated
                              • doug05446
                                Message 15 of 29 , Oct 13, 2001
                                  I was just checking out the TCW website.
                                  www.dustyrhodes.net and found out that Barry Windham, CW Anderson,
                                  and Steve Corino have apparantly teamed up to form
                                  the Extreme Horsemen, so I guess the legend lives
                                  on.....
                                • doug05446
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Oct 20, 2001
                                    I don't know how many people may have read this
                                    site in the past, but please go and check out
                                    www.wrestleline.com It is a great site, that is now unfortunately
                                    going out of business. It is one of the sites that I
                                    have always been able to use for accurate information
                                    on title history, as well as news and commentary.
                                    The site will be sorely missed!
                                  • doug05446
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Oct 20, 2001
                                      WWF No Mercy Preview <br><br>WWF Title Match:
                                      tag team titles:<br>Dudley Boyz vs. Big Show &
                                      the Hurricane
                                    • doug05446
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Oct 22, 2001
                                        WCW Tag team titles:<br>Hardy Boys w/Lita DEF.
                                        Lance Storm & Hurricane Helms w/Mighty Molly &
                                        BEAT Stacy Keibler<br><br>WWF Intercontinental
                                        Cold BEATS Kurt Angle and RVD to retain the WWF world
                                        title.
                                      • doug05446
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Oct 27, 2001
                                          In the Australian tour of the WWA, Jeff Jarrett
                                          won a match to crown the 1st WWA World Champion!
                                          Congratulations to "the Chosen One".<br><br>There are rumours of
                                          Hulk Hogan starting up a wrestling group again. The so
                                          called XWF would feature, among other talent; Curt
                                          Hennig, with talk that the owners would like to work out
                                          a deal with Sing as well, with a possible main
                                          event of Sting VS Hogan for their 1st Pay-Per-View.
                                          More info on this as it becomes available.
                                        • doug05446
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Nov 8, 2001
                                            Hey everybody! Here's some info from Naido's
                                            Newsletter...<br><br>XWF roster set for tapings at Universal
                                            Studios<br><br>The roster for the first set of the Xtreme Wrestling
                                            Federation (XWF) tapings at Universal Studios in Florida is
                                            an interesting mix of established performers and up
                                            and coming independent stars.<br><br>Former WWF and
                                            WCW performers scheduled to appear include Jimmy
                                            Hart, Kevin Sullivan, Buff Bagwell, The Nasty Boys,
                                            Roddy Piper, Hacksaw Duggan, Jerry Lawler, The Road
                                            Warriors, Curt Hennig, Konnan, Rena Mero, Crowbar, The
                                            Harris Boys, Norman Smiley, Juventud Guerrera, and
                                            Vampiro.<br><br>Former ECW stars Kid Kash, Simon Diamond, and Dawn Marie
                                            are also booked. Representing Puerto Rico's World
                                            Wrestling Council will be Carlos Colon, Carly Colon, and
                                            Rey Gonzalez.<br><br>Several names familiar to those
                                            who follow the independent circuit are also scheduled
                                            for the tapings, including Mike Modest of APW and Pro
                                            Wrestling NOAH fame, The Shane Twins, A.J. Styles, Chris
                                            Daniels, Low Ki, and Red of the SATs. www.RFVideo.com is
                                            reporting that Low Ki may be working under a different ring
                                            name.<br><br>It is expected that Roddy Piper will be doing a
                                            Piper's Pit style interview segment and will not be
                                            wrestling.<br><br>The XWF tapings are scheduled for Tuesday 11/13 and
                                            Wednesday 11/14. While the tapings are free, you will have
                                            to call 407-224-5871 to reserve your space. The
                                            tapings are tentatively scheduled both days for 10 AM,
                                            11:30 AM, 1:30 PM, 4:00 PM and 5:45 PM. You must go to
                                            Turkey Lake Road at Gate 3. There will not be an
                                            admission fee to enter Universal Studios for the taping.
                                          • doug05446
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Nov 20, 2001
                                              Unless you live under a rock, and missed RAW this
                                              week, I'm sure everyone knows by now, but as of
                                              November 20, 2001 Ric Flair returned to the world of
                                              professional wrestling, now as the storyline co-owner of the
                                              World Wrestling Federation.<br><br> It should be
                                              interesting to see where we go from here....
                                            • doug05446
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Nov 28, 2001
                                                This is the roster as near as I can come for the
                                                1st day of tapings for the new XWF promotion. The
                                                matches for the 1st tapings coming
                                                tommorrow.<br><br>Barry Horowitz, The Demon, Jimmy Snuka Jr, Jimmy
                                                "Superfly" Snuka<br>Sarge, Kevin Northcutt, Vito, Kingpins,
                                                Harris Brothers, AJ Styles<br>Josh Matthews, Cuban
                                                Assassin, Carly Colon, Konnan, Knuckles,<br>Norman Smiley,
                                                Dresdin, Power Company, South Philly Posse, Lex
                                                Lovett<br>Vapor, Sonny Onoo, Jake Damien, Greg Valentine, Rey
                                                Gonzalez,<br>Mean Mike Moran, Big 2 Fuli, Buff Bagwell, Maximum
                                                Force, Caged Heat, <br>British Storm, Horace Hogan, Curt
                                                Hennig, Vampiro, Marty Jannetty,<br>Hail, Jimmy Hart,
                                                Nasty Boys, Shane Twins, Juventud
                                                Guerrera,<br>Psicosis, Mr. Jones, The Wall, Johnny B. Badd, Road
                                                Warriors,Dresdin,<br>Kid Kash, Bobby Heenan, Vampiro, Christopher
                                                Daniels,<br>"Universal Blonde" Lenny Lane, Tough Tom, Mike Sullivan,
                                                Billy Fives, <br>Swinger, Simon Diamond, Dawn Marie
                                                Danny Domin, Eric Priest, Miss James, <br>Quick Kick,
                                                Hacksaw Jim Duggan.
                                              • doug05446
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Dec 5, 2001
                                                  The WWF talent cuts have begun, and so far I have
                                                  seen a list of;<br>Jimmy Yang, Kid Romeo, Lash LeRoux,
                                                  Allan Funk (Kwee-Wee), Elix Skipper, Essa Rios, Russ
                                                  McCullough, and Reno.<br><br>I just think that they are
                                                  releasing some very talented wrestlers here, that have tons
                                                  of potential. With luck, maybe the XWF or someone
                                                  else will pick them up!
                                                • doug05446
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Dec 6, 2001
                                                    Barry Horowitz vs. The Demon <br>Jimmy Snuka Jr.
                                                    w/Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka vs. Sarge <br>Kevin Northcutt
                                                    vs. Vito <br>Kingpins vs. Harris Brothers <br>AJ
                                                    Styles vs. Josh Matthews <br>Cuban Assassin vs. Carly
                                                    Colon <br>Vito vs. Konnan <br>Knuckles vs. Norman
                                                    Smiley <br>Barry Horowitz vs. Dresdin <br>Power Company
                                                    vs. South Philly Posse(Public Enemy) <br>Lex Lovett
                                                    vs. Vapor w/Sonny Onoo <br>Jake Damien vs. Greg
                                                    Valentine <br>Kevin Northcutt vs. Rey Gonzalez <br>Mean
                                                    Mike Moran vs. Big 2 Fuli <br>Buff Bagwell vs. Vito
                                                    Hogan <br>Curt Hennig vs. Vampiro <br>Marty Jannetty
                                                    vs. Hail w/Jimmy Hart <br>Cruiserweight Battle Royal
                                                    for the XWF Cruiserweight Title <br>Nasty Boys vs.
                                                    Shane Twins <br>Juventud Guerrera and Psichosis vs.
                                                    Konnan and Rey Gonzalez <br>Mr. Jones vs. The Wall
                                                    Johnny B. Badd <br>Road Warriors vs. Shane Twins
                                                    Jannetty <br>Horace Hogan vs. Josh Matthews <br>South
                                                    Philly Posse vs. Shane Twins <br>Kid Kash vs. AJ Styles
                                                    w/Sonny Onoo <br>British Storm and Curt Hennig w/Bobby
                                                    Heenan vs. <br>Buff Bagwell and Vampiro <br>AJ Styles
                                                    vs. Christopher Daniels <br>Johnny B. Badd vs. Mr.
                                                    Jones <br>"Universal Blonde" Lenny Lane vs. Jake Damien
                                                    Mike Sullivan <br>The Wall vs. British Storm <br>Kid
                                                    Kash vs. Juventud Guerrera <br>Psichosis vs. Billy
                                                    Fives <br>Vito vs. Big 2 Fuli <br>Marty Jannetty vs.
                                                    Sarge <br>Swinger and Simon Diamond w/Dawn Marie vs.
                                                    vs. Josh Matthews <br>Nasty Boys vs. Shane Twins for
                                                    the XWF Tag Team Titles <br>The Wall vs. Jake Damien
                                                    w/Bobby Heenan vs. Johnny B. Badd <br>Horace Hogan vs.
                                                    Hail w/Jimmy Hart <br>Road Warriors vs. Shane Twins
                                                    vs. South Philly Posse <br>Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs.
                                                    Dresdin <br>Vito vs. Mike Sullivan <br>Shane Twins vs.
                                                    Harris Brothers <br>The Demon vs. Psichosis <br>Caged
                                                    Heat vs. Maximum Force <br>Buff Bagwell vs. Vampiro
                                                  • doug05446
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Dec 29, 2001
                                                      So it is official, at the Royal Rumble we will
                                                      know see Ric Flair take on Vince Mcmahon in the ring.
                                                      I have to admit, I can't wait to see the match. Ric
                                                      can still go, and he can teach the younger guys in
                                                      the WWF a thing or 2 about wrestling!
                                                    • doug05446
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Jan 8, 2002
                                                        I am moving this club to:
                                                        Doug
                                                      • doug05446
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Feb 10 11:19 PM
                                                          Come on over and sign up for the new Yahoo
                                                          realated news on the site ASAP. Check out my
                                                          on<br>www.wrestlingnewsworld.com