LIDA Project Call 4 Participation 8/16bit tech artists

  • Jane
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2010
      Hello all geeks, this email was sent to me from the LIDA Project....They are looking for 8 and or 16 bit artists for a new performance project....details below...contact Julie from LIDA directly if your interested...

      julie.rada@...

      Jane,

      would you mind either forwarding this email to any interested parties or giving me contact info. of people you think would be good for the Hot+Wax video game project?

      Here's some info...about Hot+Wax:
      At first, we are starting with only three development rehearsals per week, Tues. and Thurs. evenings, and then Saturday days. Later, we will start a more standard rehearsal process, with rehearsals five days per week. I think I've shared some of this with you, but some of the other details about concept, etc.: the piece is a development work that will be called Hot + Wax: On Being Too Big to Fail (subtitle subject to change). The three basic prompts are the Icarus myth from Greek mythology, AIG and the US economic bailout, and 1980's video games (reference Atari, Pong, Asteroids, PacMan, other 8-but/16-bit processor kind of games). The plan is to do a five week run, opening Sept. 24th, with development beginning July 10th, and rehearsals beginning August 14th. Tech: Sept. 18th and 19th

      Looking for one or two collaborators who are skilled with 8-bit/16-bit processor video game "technology." Building consoles, designing games, etc.

      Thank you so much Jane.

      Be well...

      Julie