Re: Eagles

  • doowop5.geo
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 25, 2010
      A little more info: Recorded May 17th 1954 Originally Mercury Single 70391 The Eagles were discovered in Washington DC by Fred Foster. The liner notes state that "Tryin' To Get To You" would probably have been forgotten today if the song hadn't been included by Elvis Presley on his first album.
      TerryG

      --- In doowopcafe@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Westfall" <west.blues@...> wrote:

      > thanks so much...red prysock? thats interesting, i assume he played the solo on trying get to you too?
      >
      > does anyone know who the members of the eagles were?
      >
      > --- In doowopcafe@yahoogroups.com, doowop5.geo <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I used to have the record on Mercury 78 rpm (Pink Label) They are an early doowop group. "Please Please" includes a sax riff by Red Prysock who recorded for the same label. "Trying to Get to You" is included on a 2 CD set from Hip-O entitled 'Street Corner Essentials" The flip side "Please Please" is available too probably on some Mercury R&B CD's.
      > > Also there's a song by the Eagles on YouTube "I Told Myself" Pretty scratchy though.
      > > TerryG
      > >
      > > --- In doowopcafe@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Westfall" <west.blues@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > does anyone have information on the eagles (1954 tryin' to get to you/please please) that goes beyond the sparse info at wikipedia?

    • lysabe
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 26, 2010
        EAGLES on Mercury Records

        Mercury 70391 (Released: May 17, 1954)
        Tryin' to Get to You
        Session Date: April ?, 1954
        Master No.: YW 10430

        Please, Please
        Session Date: April ?, 1954
        Master No.: YW 10431

        Mercury 70464 (Released: September 22, 1954)
        Such a Fool
        Session Date: September 17, 1954
        Master No.: YWM 10933

        (Will You, Won't You, Can't You) Don't You Wanna Be Mine
        Session Date: September 17, 1954
        Master No.: YWM 10935

        Mercury 70524 (Released: December 21, 1954)
        I Told Myself
        Session Date: September 17, 1954
        Master No.: YWM 10932

        What a Crazy Feeling
        Session Date: September 17, 1954
        Master No.: YWM 10934

        UNRELEASED MERCURY RECORDINGS
        Do You Need Me
        Session Date: ?/?/54
        Master No.: 10429

        Just Right
        Session Date: ?/?/54
        Master No.: 10432

        I Stole a Rose
        Session Date: ?/?/54
        Master No.: 10433

        No Information Available on Group Members

        Best,
        Tony-Bklyn
        A&G Records
        20th Avenue Records (Brooklyn)
        http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=lysabe&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1
      • sgw
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 26, 2010
          wow, thanks for the great info :) i appreciate it :)