Have Y'all Seen This?

  • Chris Gardner
    Message 1 of 40 , Nov 12, 2007
    • Alberto Brandolini
      Message 40 of 40 , Jan 19, 2008
        --- In domaindrivendesign@yahoogroups.com, Jing Xue <jingxue@...> wrote:

        > +1. Same applies to Hibernate's criteria API, which is absolutely
        > great for constructing dynamic queries, but also plagued by the same
        > coupling issue. I have always wished there were a JSR for a standard
        > criteria or predicate API. (I mean considering we even have one for
        > the measurement units, right? 8-) )

        Hi,

        This is true, but is probably a less important issue. In a way,
        Criterias are matching the objectives of the DDD Specification
        pattern, but are implicitly dependent on the Hibernate implementation,
        even if on a higher level of abstraction compared to HQL. But looks
        like defining an abstract version of a Specification whose
        implementation is a Hibernate criteria is unnecessary complication
        most of the time. If Spring or the like abstracts Criterias the way
        they did with DAOs, would look just fine to me.

        Regards

        Alberto