Re: CONCEPTUAL CONTOURS: ideas on this name?

  • Jonathan Rasmusson <rasmus4200@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2003
      Hi,

      I wanted to comment on this section but was unable to access
      your website the other day. It may be due to where I am working.
      Can you confirm for me that your webpage

      http://domainlanguage.com/book.html

      is up an running?

      Cheers

      Jonathan

      --- In domaindrivendesign@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Evans <eric@d...>"
      <eric@d...> wrote:
      > I'm hoping the people here can help me brainstorm a name for this
      > pattern, and I can get a feel for how different people react.
      >
      > This was previously called "concept contouring granularity". That
      > was a mouthful. In the new, January 26th draft, it is
      > called "conceptual contours". I've tried lots of names. Among them,
      >
      > shearing points
      > conceptual shearing points
      > natural shearing points
      > conceptual granularity
      > natural grain
      >
      > and, at the moment,
      > conceptual contours
      >
      > Ideas? Preferences?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Eric
    • Joshua Kerievsky
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 14, 2003
        I can't see the page either. I wonder which domain layer of the site is
        having problems? ;-)

        --jk
      • Jonathan Rasmusson <rasmus4200@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15, 2003
          I like the name conceptual contours more then
          concept contouring granularity.

          Others I thought might apply:

          Conceptual form
          Conceptual shape
          Conceptual implementation

          My vote is still for the one you have in the current draft.