RE: [dogme] pretending to be a learner and role plays

  • Luke Meddings
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
      My concern about all these role plays is that they seek to shock
      teachers into a sense that learning a foreign language is unlike
      anything they or their students have ever done - as if it is a sort of
      force-field of embarrassment and error peculiar to itself. I would think
      dogme would want to position language teaching as something less unique
      and return it to the sphere of ordinary human interaction. Which,
      parlour games and the privacy of the bedroom notwithstanding, tends not
      to involve role play.

      Luke M