permission to quote?

  • zosia grudzinska
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
      For some time I have remained a silent dogme-tist; heaps to do, veery
      unwise - I should be the one to teach how NOT to organise one's life...
      anyway, in spite of all the "drum-und-dran" (a very apt german phrase) still
      avidly reading the postings. Hence my plea: in my capacity as the editor of
      the Newsletter of one Teacher Development and Autonomous Learning Special
      Interest Group (IATEFL-Poland). Came to my attention there's a wealth of
      material for an article focused oin the issue of lesson plans. Wanted to
      use your postings - promise to quote appropriately and to insert an
      additional sub-heaading about the article being based on the dogme list...
      thing is, I don't know at the moment whose words in particular would be
      taken... is it OK to sort of just ask for a general permission of all those
      who aprticipated in that one thread and later, after I have drafted, I will
      get in touch once more in re?
      thanks in advnace (how cunning!)

      I have been sorting through my files from the previous year, all the notes
      (I strive to write a short comment after every class) - they yield wonderful
      reading. Given more time I would like to share with you, only it's out of
      the questions at the moment... even the 1-2-1 with a woman whom I eventually
      advised to stop as her professional and family commitments stood so much "in
      the way" - so you might say, a failure there... but it was sweet until it
      lasted.
      On the basis of these notes I can vouch for the value of the dogme
      approach - at least with the adults and teenagers. Wheneveer there was "a
      current issue" or a topic of interest, the conversation is so engrossing and
      there's so much emergent grammar afterwards.
      I still have not enough experience and self-assurance to seriously practise
      with young learners... in spite of some examples and hints... mostly I get
      discouraged because they positively love having a "special" course book -
      they feel as if honoured, admitted to some special rites... so it's an
      affective bonus.

      Zosia
    • Diarmuid Fogarty
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
        Hi Zosia - I was just thinking how some of the more cherished names had
        gone quiet- as far as I am concerned, you are more than welcome to quote
        any of the messages that I sent. Incidentally, the blurb on the list's
        page does say that it's an open-source site and that people are free to
        reproduce whatever they read as long as it's acknowledged.
        I look forward to reading more about the comments you made after your
        classes.
        Diarmuid

        solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions
        presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of
        City College Manchester.
        If you are not the intended recipient,please be advised that you have received this
        e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination,forwarding, printing, or copying of
        this e-mail is strictly prohibited.