Re: [dogme] NPR had an item on tech in the classroom

  • Eric Roth
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2013
      Dear John - Thanks for sharing that NPR segment that seems more concerned
      with the digital gap than encouraging creativity, sharing knowledge, or
      opening minds. It continues to stun me how often liberal journalists, who
      ought to be on the forefront of deploying innovative technologies in their
      classes and encouraging students to be autotelic, end up sounding like
      Luddites. The internet presents astonishing possibilities to reduce
      illiteracy, expand knowledge beyond traditional centers of wealth and
      power, and transform the lives of hundreds of millions. Yet, as so often,
      the NPR reporter seems fixatated on the idea that some smart teachers in
      wealthier districts will more quickly adopt the 2.0 tools. Do we really
      have to wait for everyone before anyone can move forward? Where does this
      ideological fervor come from???

      --
      Shalom,

      Eric H. Roth
      Co- Publisher, Chimayo Press <http://www.ChimayoPress.com>
      Co-author of Compelling Conversations<http://www.CompellingConversations.com>
      eric@...
      www.CompellingConversations.com

      Chimayo Press
      3766 Redwood Ave.
      Los Angeles, CA 90066-3506
      USA

      "Education is an ornament in prosperity, and a refuge in adversity."
      Aristotle