New Dogme teacher!

  • heather.irene
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2012
      Hello everyone. This is my first ever message 'to the web' so please excuse errors? I have just been made redundant and hope to start offering one to one or small group EFL support to students and anyone else interested. Any advice would be much appreciated! Dogme sounds for me! Thanks. Heather
    • Robert Haines
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 16, 2012
        Hi Heather,

        Welcome to the group!

        My advice would be to sift through the archives by clicking on the
        Messages link at the discussion group homepage. Enter a search term
        that is relevant to your interests and see what turns up.

        In addition, it might be a good idea to get your hands on a copy of
        Teaching Unplugged http://www.deltapublishing.co.uk/titles/methodology/teaching-unplugged

        And, as I'm sure you know, there are man blogs, social media
        resources, etc. devoted to Dogme.

        I look forward to reading accounts of your small group support
        sessions if you choose to share them here.

        Best,
        Rob
        On Jul 14, 2012, at 1:30 PM, heather.irene wrote:

        > Hello everyone. This is my first ever message 'to the web' so please
        > excuse errors? I have just been made redundant and hope to start
        > offering one to one or small group EFL support to students and
        > anyone else interested. Any advice would be much appreciated! Dogme
        > sounds for me! Thanks. Heather

      • heather farrow
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 7, 2012
          Hi Rob

          Thank you for your email.

          I now have my copy of 'Teaching Unplugged' and one or two other resources and need to settle down to look at your other suggestions and do some planning!  As it happens I came across a charity run EFL class which I volunteered in last Friday and there are one or two other places I may volunteer just to get a feel.  I was told by two sources last week that I cannot advertise a professional service unless I have the CELTA qualification and no doubt I would feel more confident if I had it but the application task seems rather crazy...as the questions are why I would be doing the course, to learn the answers! I will submit it anyway and see what happens;  I dont think I will do it!  I will keep looking into things and see how it works out.  I only left work on Tuesday, 31 July (and returned for two afternoons that week!), so feel I have rather hit the ground running!
          Your reply was a very good start, thank you!
          With best wishes

          Heather