Re: [dogme] Re: cultural side effects

  • adrian.tennant
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 2:34 AM
      The talk of fluency has just given me another thought (second one this
      year!!!!)
      I've just been told by my boss that I will be responsible for level
      testing new students when they arrive at our college and putting them
      into suitable/unsuitable groups (delete as applicable). Unfortunately, I
      am not being given this responsibility!!! until after the first week -
      they suspect .....
      It reminded me about a story to do with testing that I read regarding
      Pilgrims. Students were all herded into a big hall, give a 'speaking
      task' and told to find their own group/level. Teachers stood around
      listening and prompting while students tried to decide which group they
      felt was right for them (of course some went where their friends were
      and not in the group they should be in - but that always happens). This
      kind of learner autonomy/testing system sounds like a good dogme
      technique.

      Dr Evil