Blogosphere report, Jan 2010

  • Karenne Sylvester
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2010
      Hi everyone,

      Quick note to let you know that I have posted the summary of articles from around the blogosphere and twitterverse on my blog recently -

      http://kalinago.blogspot.com

      In it you'll find a wide range of articles - from my own on issues like using L1 in the classroom and mirror neurons - do these have anything to do with language learning?

      How to get started in online teaching, using powerpoint to teach grammar, using language learning blogs with your students and of course, one of my signature rants: this one on the technological advances that have rocked education (in the past) :-).

      I've also done a feature piece on the two newish heavyweight TEFL bloggers - can you guess who they are?

      Melanie Butler of the EFL gazette also honored me with a guest article and wrote a fascinating piece on the glass ceilings in ELT.

      From all over the globe, I've highlighted top articles from bloggers and tweeters including pieces on dogme, reticence in the classroom, the nightmare stalking young learner education and a summary of #edchat -should grading be outlawed?

      Techie tips and news reports include an introduction to the semantic web (the web3.0 everyone's always talking about), the Economist report on Social networking, downloading political documentaries for use in class, using sound sequences to teach, creating quizzes using a video application called Photo Peach, cyberbullying, the use of Glogsters as a teacher-intro activity and moderator skills for online teachers.

      Plus news on the recent Nokia/Pearson joint venture in China and two browsers which could be especially useful for your learners if you teach kids or muslim learners.

      Do hope some of this may be useful for you! (Please let me know if so, so I know whether or not so I know whether or not to post this here next month :-)

      Enjoy,

      Karenne
      Kalinago English