Blended Learning

  • Justin Ehresman
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2009
      Hi Guys,

      We are starting a pilot program with Blended Learning and I was wondering how many of you have ever used it? What are you experiences with BL?

      Justin

      ==========================
      Justin Ehresman
      Malplaquetstr. 38
      13347 Berlin Germany
      Home: (49)30 3983 3991
      Fax: (49) 30 3983 3992
      Mobile: +49-0171-4245-257
      e-mail: justinehresman@...
    • Gavin Dudeney
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2009
        Justin,

        What's the blend? i.e. how much face-to-face and how much using other means
        (and what are they?) What materials and tools are you going to be using? If
        you can give more details I may have some pointers.

        Best,

        Gavin

        c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain

        Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770

        http://www.theconsultants-e.com <http://www.theconsultants-e.com/>

        Sole Online Providers: CertIBET and CertICT - http://tinyurl.com/3s3mm7

        Winners: 2007 British Council ELTON award - http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54

        Winners: 2007 Ben Warren Trust Prize - <http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4>
        http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4

        Owners: Second Life EduNation sims - http://tinyurl.com/34l8mw

        CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

        We are starting a pilot program with Blended Learning and I was wondering
        how many of you have ever used it? What are you experiences with BL?

        Justin

        ==========================
        Justin Ehresman
        Malplaquetstr. 38
        13347 Berlin Germany
        Home: (49)30 3983 3991
        Fax: (49) 30 3983 3992
        Mobile: +49-0171-4245-257
        e-mail: justinehresman@... <mailto:justinehresman%40yahoo.com>
        17:56:00

      • Justin Ehresman
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2009
          We are just starting to think about all that. Ideally it should be about 1 hour of time (outside of the lesson) that the learners spend on it. We are looking at different hosting platforms right now... just wanted to get general experience with it from you all?

          ==========================
          Justin Ehresman
          Malplaquetstr. 38
          13347 Berlin Germany
          Home: (49)30 3983 3991
          Fax: (49) 30 3983 3992
          Mobile: +49-0171-4245-257
          e-mail: justinehresman@...
          ==========================

          ________________________________
          What's the blend? i.e. how much face-to-face and how much using other means
          (and what are they?) What materials and tools are you going to be using? If
          you can give more details I may have some pointers.

          Best,

          Gavin

          Gavin Dudeney - Project Director, The Consultants- E

          c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain

          Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770

          http://www.theconsultants-e.com <http://www.theconsultants-e.com/>

          Sole Online Providers: CertIBET and CertICT - http://tinyurl. com/3s3mm7

          Winners: 2007 British Council ELTON award - http://tinyurl. com/3e2c54

          Winners: 2007 Ben Warren Trust Prize - <http://tinyurl. com/6yolo4>
          http://tinyurl. com/6yolo4

          Owners: Second Life EduNation sims - http://tinyurl. com/34l8mw

          CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

          We are starting a pilot program with Blended Learning and I was wondering
          how many of you have ever used it? What are you experiences with BL?

          Justin

          ============ ========= =====
          Justin Ehresman
          Malplaquetstr. 38
          13347 Berlin Germany
          Home: (49)30 3983 3991
          Fax: (49) 30 3983 3992
          Mobile: +49-0171-4245- 257
          e-mail: justinehresman@ yahoo.com <mailto:justinehres man%40yahoo. com>
          17:56:00

        • Gavin Dudeney
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2009
            Justin,

            I guess I'd start with the materials - will you be making your own or buying them in from a reputable supplier such as Net Languages or MacMillan Campus? If you're making your own you'll need a lot of time. If you're buying them in you'll need a healthy budget.

            Then I'd think about what can best be done in class time and what it makes sense to do outside if you're going down the blended route. I'd save the classroom time for the real communication à la Dogme, and work out which of the spadework will work away from class - the things that don't necessarily need the more social side, the group or the teacher. If you need to do them, then listening and reading type activities don't need to be done in class, neither does writing, or, in fact, any kind of grammar practice work (you can substitute your own terminology there, or shoot me down in flames for even referring to them if you like!)

            Anyway, that's my €0.02

            Gavin

            c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain

            Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770

            http://www.theconsultants-e.com <http://www.theconsultants-e.com/>

            Sole Online Providers: CertIBET and CertICT - http://tinyurl.com/3s3mm7

            Winners: 2007 British Council ELTON award - http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54

            Winners: 2007 Ben Warren Trust Prize - <http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4> http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4

            Owners: Second Life EduNation sims - http://tinyurl.com/34l8mw

            CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

            This email and any attachments are private and confidential. It is intended for the recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, distribution, printing or copying of this email is unauthorised. You may not read, use or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately by replying to this email and permanently delete the email from your computer. The contents of any attachments to this e-mail may contain software viruses which could damage your own computer system. While we have taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachments.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 20, 2009
              Hi G,

              Thanks for the tips... I've gotten several mails now and they are all very helpful. Do you have the url for net languages? I found them online, I *think* but nothing about their BL services....

              Thanks!

              ==========================
              Justin Ehresman
              Malplaquetstr. 38