ALL: Free, 6-week online Web 2.0 and TEFL course

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2008
      Once again it is "Becoming a Webhead" time. This annual offer of free 6-week
      online sessions on using the the new Web 2.0 technology to teach EFL is
      unparalled and the expertise and experience of the session leaders and teams
      is, in a word popular in the USA, awesome. The interlocking web of wikis,
      blogs and sites setting out the programme constitute a work of consummate
      presentational skill. If you don't take a look and sign up for two sessions,
      you have only yourself to blame.

      Here is the original notice.

      Dear all, The CALL Interest Section of the international TESOL professional
      association is pleased to offer the opportunity to participate in the
      Electronic Village Online (EVO) 2008 season. This is a professional
      development project and virtual extension of the TESOL 2008 Convention in
      New York. The intended audience for this project includes both TESOL 2008
      participants and those who can participate only virtually. You do not need
      to be a TESOL member to participate in a free , six-week , wholly online
      session of the EVO, Jan 14 - Feb 24, 2008. Please visit our Announcement
      Page to select one or two among the various offerings.
      http://evo08sessionscfp.pbwiki.com
      <http://evo08sessionscfp.pbwiki.comv/>Feel free to distribute this
      annoucement. Looking forward to having you in
      the EVO 2008 sessions, Yours in TESOL , Dafne Gonzalez On behalf of the EVO
      coordination team

      Note that the sessions begin on January 14, but you must register before
      that date if you wish to participate.

      --
      Dennis Newson (retired)
      University of Osnabrück

    • Dafne
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
        Dear Dennis,

        Thanks a lot for your kind words about the Becoming a Webhead (BaW)
        workshop, and the EVO sessions. You have been a very appreciated
        member of our team, too.

        You are all cordially invited to attend!

        Best,

        Dafne Gonzalez
        EVO Coordinator
        BaW co-coordinator since 2004

        --- In dogme@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Newson" <djn@...> wrote:

        > Once again it is "Becoming a Webhead" time. This annual offer of
        free 6-week
        > online sessions on using the the new Web 2.0 technology to teach
        EFL is
        > unparalled and the expertise and experience of the session leaders
        and teams
        > is, in a word popular in the USA, awesome. The interlocking web of
        wikis,
        > blogs and sites setting out the programme constitute a work of
        consummate
        > presentational skill. If you don't take a look and sign up for two
        sessions,
        > you have only yourself to blame.
        >
        > Here is the original notice.
        >
        > Dear all, The CALL Interest Section of the international TESOL
        professional
        > association is pleased to offer the opportunity to participate in
        the
        > Electronic Village Online (EVO) 2008 season. This is a professional
        > development project and virtual extension of the TESOL 2008
        Convention in
        > New York. The intended audience for this project includes both
        TESOL 2008
        > participants and those who can participate only virtually. You do
        not need
        > to be a TESOL member to participate in a free , six-week , wholly
        online
        > session of the EVO, Jan 14 - Feb 24, 2008. Please visit our
        Announcement
        > Page to select one or two among the various offerings.
        > http://evo08sessionscfp.pbwiki.com
        > <http://evo08sessionscfp.pbwiki.comv/>Feel free to distribute this
        > annoucement. Looking forward to having you in
        > the EVO 2008 sessions, Yours in TESOL , Dafne Gonzalez On behalf of
        the EVO
        > coordination team
        >
        > Note that the sessions begin on January 14, but you must register
        before
        > that date if you wish to participate.
        >
        > --
        > Dennis Newson (retired)
        > University of Osnabrück
        > GERMANY
        > Webhead,
        > Discussion Moderator IATEFL YL SIG
        > Moderator of a number of other TEFL e-lists

      • Robert Haines
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 4, 2008
          Thank you, Dennis, for what looks to be a very interesting group of
          sessions. I'd like to participate. The MacSnob in me claims that:
          a) much of the technology being culled from the Web can be found in
          the new version of Mac OS X Leopard (Apple's latest operating system),
          and
          b) objects to the apparent Windows-based bias of the sessions.

          Nose in the air, a humpf and a snort,

          Rob

        • christian castillo
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 4, 2008
            Thanks a lot Dennis.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 4, 2008
              Rob,

              I think the Windows bias is simply because that is the system most of the
              potential customers use.

              Greetings,

            • Robert Haines
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 4, 2008
                Dennis,

                Of course it is, but we Dogmetists are supposed to think outside the
                Window. :-)

                Salutations,
                Rob

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 4, 2008
                  ...Think outside the Windows? You Mac people need another idiom. Dennis
                  :-))