17868Re: Dogme out in the open

  • richardosborne14
    Sep 2, 2014
      Natasha, that sounds like a really interesting study. It reminds me a lot of my experiments with Total Physical Response, with which I had some success with an elderly male student who was convinced he was incapable of learning.

      What exactly are you doing with your students in class to test your approach? Have you tried it at different levels? I could never imagine TPR going past elementary level. I was just using funny imperative sentences like "Take my pen... Put it on your head," etc., which seemed to help this student, though I always wondered if the novelty value of such a strange way of learning outweighed the impact of the physical gestures with regard to memory formation.
    • Show all 33 messages in this topic