17796Re: [dogme] Re: Dogme Business English ebook

  • Mark Holloway
    Jul 6, 2014
      Well put Mark!  And can I add: for the incredibly fortunate among us, QA procedures which by definition aim only to assure us all of quality at the level of the very lowest common denominator.

      Mark

      On 6 July 2014 23:31, M C Johnstone mcjsa@... [dogme] <dogme@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi Dennis,

      I have seen this indirectly addressed in the form of teachers defending
      McNuggets teaching from course books with the claim that they do not
      have the time to teach bookless. Of course, they can all do it - so they
      say (tacit admission that bookless teaching requires skill) but novice
      teachers may struggle (further admission that this requires both skill
      and experience). Other problems arise from admin demanding
      "accountability" and a perceived need for solidly predictable outcomes
      with built in facility for plausible deniability when proven to fail
      methods inevitably fail.

      Mark

      mcjsa@...

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic