17790Re: [dogme] Re: Dogme Business English ebook

    Jul 2, 2014
      Phil,

      Your dream of champagne at the reception desk and  an orchestra playing light classical music in the background is surely idealised suggestopedia.

      Dennis

      On 3 July 2014 08:00, rob hainesrm@... [dogme] <dogme@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Understood, Phil. I think I was being naive.

      Rob

      Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse any typos.

      On Jul 2, 2014, at 10:41 PM, "philawade@... [dogme]" <dogme@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Thanks. Yes, it is good for teens or language school students I have found but directors seem to want V.I.P treatment and screaming kids running round is not ideal. The boss interrupting for a chat in the L1 too. As a result, a few refused to go to the school. I am of the opinion that 'the customer is king' in those circumstances. If a CEO wants lessons in his office and it is nearby, fine. I do, however, really like teaching in a school and the idea of 'getting away' from work for an hour is a benefit for most.

      The interruptions are hard though as people get lots of calls. Some even have 2 phones. There are texts, online messages, emails.... so it is distracting. I really appreciate the majority though who turn off their phone and say they dedicate 90 minutes to the course. I am always fearful when they reconnect though. If their company goes bust, I hope it's not my fault.

      Of course, my own V.I.P school would have champagne and waiters in the reception and a classical orchestra playing light music before sessions ;)

      Phil

      *

      Dennis aka Osna (Newson)
      Joint Coordinator  IATEFL YLTSIG with Kalyan Chattopadhay
      Committee member GISIG
      Committee member IATEFL Associate ELTA-OWL

      Dogme
      Second Life/EduNation: Osnacantab Nesterov
      Webhead
      learningwithcomputers
      ELTON 2005 ELTeCS member innovation team winner