Re: Update On Progress

  • bkdutch
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
      I just found this group on newyorkshitty. I'm so glad there is a group gathering to tackle this issue. I dropped a note to Justine at the Greenpointers blog asking her to post something about this group to get the word out.

      I will be calling those numbers this week as well! Sorry if this gets posted twice, I too have never used yahoo groups so bear with me :)

      Annie

      --- In doggone_brooklyn@yahoogroups.com, Brad Seaman <bjseaman@...> wrote:

      > I put two fliers up in the hospital. I'll be calling those numbers today.
      > And I didn't know what Milk N Roses was until now - looks cool, I'll have to
      > stop by.
      > Thanks for getting this thing rolling,
      > Dr. Brad Seaman
      > greenpointvet.com
      >
      > On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 12:52 PM, teater212 <eatontodd@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Hello, Everyone! We are up to 16 members! I'd like to try to be at 25 to 30
      > > by next Tuesday night, which is the CB1 monthly meeting so please keep
      > > spreading the word.
      > >
      > > On that topic - I've put a flier up at Unleashed in Brooklyn and at Milk N
      > > Roses. I unfortunately ran out of printer ink after two prints but I've got
      > > about 20 more fliers now so I will be hitting more pet stores, businesses,
      > > etc today. Feel free to print out your own version from the
      > > newyorkshitty.com post and distribute as well.
      > >
      > > For those who want to help, for now there are two things that would
      > > constructive
      > >
      > > 1) Please call 311 and lodge a complaint that there are no dog parks in
      > > northern greenpoint. Record you complaint number and forward to me. I am
      > > going to keep a file of all complaints. The more complaints, the more
      > > evidence of the need for this.
      > >
      > > 2) Call Joe Lentol's office and register your complaint. Mention that
      > > you've called 311. Again, the more noise we make, the more the powers that
      > > be need to listen.
      > >
      > > Finally...I've been in touch with a few people who are knowledgeable about
      > > the history of attempts to get a dog run in Greenpoint so I'm much more up
      > > to speed on context now. This will not be the first time this is coming to
      > > the attention of the city so we have that to build on. The difference
      > > between now and previous attempts needs to be volume and persistence. So get
      > > the word out!
      > >
      > > More to come!
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Todd