If I didn't have a dog...

  • My Pet Haven
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2010
      If I Didn't Have a Dog....

      I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.
      My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.

      All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture & cars would be free of hair.
      When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel.

      When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without
      wading through fuzzy bodies who beat me there.

      I could sit on the couch and my bed the way I wanted,
      without taking into consideration how much space
      Several fur bodies would need to get comfortable.

      I would have money and no guilt to go on a real vacation.
      I would not be on a first-name basis with numerous veterinarians
      as I put their yet unborn grandkids through college.

      The most used words in my vocabulary would not be:
      out, sit, down, come, no, stay, and leave him/her/it ALONE.

      My house would not be cordoned off into zones with
      baby gates or barriers.

      My house would not look like a day care center
      with toys EVERYWHERE.

      My pockets would not contain things like poop bags,
      treats and an extra leash.

      I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L,
      F-R-I-S-B-E-E, W-A-L-K, G-O, T-R-E-A-T, O-U-T, R-I-D-E.

      I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.

      I would not look strangely at people who think having
      ONE dog/cat ties them down too much.

      I'd look forward to spring and the rainy season instead of
      dreading 'mud' season.

      I would not have to answer the question
      'Why do you have so many animals?' from people who will never
      have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally
      by someone as close to an angel as they will ever get.

      How EMPTY my life would be!!!

      :)

      Dawn
      My Pet Haven