PLEASE HELP THE ANIMALS OF HURRICANE KATRINA

  • www.mypethaven.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2005
      It's awful. I've been watching the news, listening to the radio,
      unable to fully comprehend what it must be like to be in those areas
      hardest hit by Hurricane Katrina.

      For those animals who are alone, abandoned, and need help, the ASPCA
      has done it's share to help in every way they can. They have been
      working tirelessly to save the animals and provide them shelter in
      this terrible disaster.

      Please everyone. Any help you can give could save a pets life. To find
      out more about the ASPCA (Association for the Prevention of Cruelty to
      Animals) and what you can do to help, please click the link below.
      Your donation saves lives.

      http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=hurricane_home
    • purrhouse@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2005
        Thank you for this info.

        I have been wondering about the animals.  Also I was told that someone there had to leave behind their 9 year old dog so they could board the bus.  I am sick about this.
        I do care about the people but the animals are like children - they need someone to look out for them and don't understand why they are being left behind!!!!!
      • Elizabeth Hausner
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2005
          I can tell you that Houston has been very accomodating to anyone who brought their pet with them. Hotels that usually exercise a "no pet policy" have waived that for now. The hotels are bursting with yips and yaps one guy had a total of 400# of dogs in just 2 rooms! Additionally, numerous kennels are offering a 5$ per day boarding fee for evacuees and many area people have donated dog food.
          It is very sad indeed that many of those using mass transit to exit the city or have sought refuge in shelters have hadto leave their animals behind. I could never do it. Somehow I would find a way to take all 3.
          Elizabeth
          I have been wondering about the animals. Also I was told that someone there had to leave behind their 9 year old dog so they could board the bus. I am sick about this.
          I do care about the people but the animals are like children - they need someone to look out for them and don't understand why they are being left behind!!!!!

          Sincerely,

          Your Friend,

          Dawn
          My Pet Haven
          http://www.mypethaven.com

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          Visit your group "mypethaven" on the web.

          Sent via Cingular Xpress Mail with Blackberry